Troy School District (Michigan)
|Troy School District|
|Type||Public school district|
|School board||Troy Board of Education|
|Faculty||703.3 (on FTE basis)|
|Grades||PK to 12|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.1|
Troy School District is a school district in Troy, Michigan. It covers over half of the city, but some parts of the city are in the Avondale School District, the Warren Consolidated Schools and the Birmingham City School District among others.
Student achievement levels in the Troy School District are among the highest at state and national levels. The Troy School District has more than 12,000 students in four high schools, four middle schools, and twelve elementary schools.
Elementary schools 
- Barnard Elementary
- Bemis Elementary School
- Costello Elementary School
- Hamilton Elementary School
- Hill Elementary School
- Leonard Elementary School
- Martell Elementary School
- Morse Elementary School
- Schroeder Elementary School
- Troy Union Elementary School
- Wass Elementary School
- Wattles Elementary School
Middle schools 
- Baker Middle School
- Boulan Park Middle School
- Larson Middle School
- Smith Middle School
High schools 
Performance Highlights 
- The Troy School District has been named one of the best communities for music education in America. 
- Troy is one of four school districts in metro Detroit to receive an "A+" rating from the Detroit News, following a comprehensive analysis of school quality factors.
- Athens High School, the International Academy East and Troy High School were named among the top five percent of all U.S. high schools by Newsweek Magazine.
- The Troy School District has been named one of the 25 best places for new families seeking to relocate to a new home by Relocate:America.
- All Troy District K-12 schools have earned the prestigious Blue Ribbon award from the Michigan Department of Education.
- The district has a drop out rate of under one percent.
- More than 95 percent of Troy School District graduates go on to higher education.
- Recruiters have also reported that Troy School District is one of the top feeder districts to the University of Michigan and Michigan State University.
- The district's high school students have access to 19 Advanced Placement courses for college credit, in addition to an array of fine arts courses.
- Rebecca Johns, from Troy High School, was named Michigan Biology Teacher of the Year 
- "A Welcome from the Superintendent". Troy School District. Retrieved 2008-03-14.
- "Troy School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 2008-03-14.
- Troy School District Web site - Test Scores
- American Music Conference Web site
- Newsweek Magazine Web Site, The Top of the Class, June 8, 2009
- Michigan Science Teacher Association Web site
- Elementary Schools. Troy High School District.
- Middle Schools. Troy High School District.
- High Schools. Troy High School District.
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (March 2008)|
|This Michigan school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|