|Alma mater||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Genres||Historical Fiction, Mystery & Thrillers, Sports, Non-Fiction|
|Notable works||Mickey Rawlings series|
Troy Soos is a writer based in Winter Park, Florida and a well-regarded teacher of Advanced Placement physics.
Soos is best known for his "Mickey Rawlings" series of baseball mystery novels. Rawlings, an up-and-coming baseball player living in the early part of the 20th century, is known as a defender of human rights. In addition to the six Mickey Rawlings mysteries, Soos has written four Marshall Webb historical mysteries and two mystery short stories. He is the coauthor of six research papers published in nuclear physics journals.
List of works
Mickey Rawlings Historical Baseball Mysteries
The Mickey Rawlings series is set in the period from 1912 to 1922 and includes a number of real ballplayers as characters.
- Murder at Fenway Park (1994, reprint and ebook 2013)
- Murder at Ebbets Field (1995, reprint and ebook 2013)
- Murder at Wrigley Field (1996, reprint and ebook 2013)
- Hunting a Detroit Tiger (1997, reprint and ebook 2013)
- The Cincinnati Red Stalkings (1998, reprint and ebook 2013)
- Hanging Curve (1999, reprint and ebook 2013)
- The Tomb That Ruth Built (2014)
Marshall Webb Historical Mysteries
The Marshall Webb mysteries are set in 1890s New York.
- Island of Tears (2001)
- The Gilded Cage (2002)
- Burning Bridges (2004)
- Streets of Fire (2008)
Non-Fiction Baseball History
- Before the Curse: The Glory Days of New England Baseball, 1858-1918 (1997 & 2007)
- "Decision of the Umpire" (published in the historical mystery anthology "Crime Through Time," 1997; published as ebook, 2012)
- "Pick Off Play"-A Mickey Rawlings short story (published in the baseball mystery anthology "Murderer's Row," 2003; published as ebook, 2012)