Troy Township, Geauga County, Ohio
|Troy Township, Geauga County, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Geauga County
|• Total||25.7 sq mi (66.7 km2)|
|• Land||25.3 sq mi (65.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (1.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,220 ft (372 m)|
|• Density||101.4/sq mi (39.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086162|
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Burton Township - north
- Middlefield Township - northeast corner
- Parkman Township - east
- Nelson Township, Portage County - southeast corner
- Hiram Township, Portage County - south
- Mantua Township, Portage County - southwest corner
- Auburn Township - west
- Newbury Township - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Geauga County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 16 February 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 30 April 2009.