Troy Township, Perry County, Indiana
Location in Perry County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||44.31 sq mi (114.8 km2)|
|• Land||43.04 sq mi (111.5 km2)|
|• Water||1.27 sq mi (3.3 km2) 2.87%|
|Elevation||518 ft (158 m)|
|• Density||278/sq mi (107/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47520, 47586, 47588|
|GNIS feature ID||0453903|
Troy Township is one of seven townships in Perry County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 11,965 and it contained 5,746 housing units (almost two thirds of the overall county population).
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 44.31 square miles (114.8 km2), of which 43.04 square miles (111.5 km2) (or 97.13%) is land and 1.27 square miles (3.3 km2) (or 2.87%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Fenn Haven at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these seven cemeteries: Bolin, Cliff, Greenwood, Log Church, Powell, Saint Michaels and Saint Pius.
- Echo Lake
- Fenn Haven Lake
- Cannelton City Schools
- Tell City-Troy Township School Corporation
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 47
- "Troy Township, Perry County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-11-21.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Troy Township
||Huff Township, Spencer County||Anderson Township|
|Lewisport Township, Hancock County, Kentucky||Tobin Township|
|Hawesville Township, Hancock County, Kentucky|