Troy Township, Wood County, Ohio
|Troy Township, Ohio|
Location of Troy Township in Wood County
|• Total||29.7 sq mi (77.0 km2)|
|• Land||29.7 sq mi (76.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||643 ft (196 m)|
|• Density||130/sq mi (50/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087198|
Troy Township is one of the nineteen townships of Wood County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 3,870 people in the township, 2,858 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Lake Township - north
- Clay Township, Ottawa County - northeast
- Woodville Township, Sandusky County - east
- Freedom Township - south
- Webster Township - southwest
- Perrysburg Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Troy township, Wood County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.