||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2007)|
13 November 1951 |
|Other names||Trudie Jackson (married name)|
|Television||The Bill (1983–2007)
|Spouse(s)||Kit Jackson (m. 1979)|
|Children||Jessica Jackson (born 1982)
Elly Jackson (born 1988)
Trudie Goodwin (born 13 November 1951) is an English actress best known for playing Sergeant June Ackland in the high-profile British television police drama The Bill from 1984 to 2007. Goodwin is currently playing Georgia Sharma in the ITV soap Emmerdale, a role she has played since 2011.
Goodwin had appeared in The Bill since its pilot, "Woodentop", which was part of the storyboard plays for Thames TV in 1983. However, in February 2006, Goodwin announced she would be leaving the serial drama at the end of the year. She also took a sabbatical from the show lasting several months in 2005 in order to pursue other interests which included charity work in Nigeria with CBM. Her last episodes aired in March 2007, making her not only the longest-serving member of The Bill cast in the programme's history, but also a world record-holder as the longest-serving actor to portray a police character, beaten by one year by PC Tony Stamp, who got 25 years from 1984 to 2009. When the show was cancelled in 2010, she told the BBC saying she'd "been in a state of shock all day because [she] honestly thought [it] would go on for forever, and [she was] very very sad that it isn't going to." In a later interview with Angela Griffin, she said she felt ITV bosses "messed about" with the show unnecessarily, causing its cancellation., Goodwin appeared on an episode of Heartbeat in July 2007.
Other television appearances
Goodwin has made 2 appearances on ITV daytime show Loose Women the first being May 2009 and the other in April 2010.
In 2010 she appeared as a guest on Bill Bailey's Birdwatching Bonanza.
- "Sgt Ackland quits 'The Bill' after 23 years". digitalspy.co.uk. Retrieved 1 February 2010.
- "CBM UK – Resources". cbmuk.org.uk. Retrieved 1 February 2010.
- "Trudie Goodwin interview". Watch (UKTV). Retrieved 2009-05-16.
- "Cops and clobber". London: The Guardian. 8 March 2007. Retrieved 2009-05-16.
- "In quotes: The end of The Bill". BBC News. 26 March 2010. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "It's Official - La Roux's Mum IS June From 'The Bill'". NME.com. Retrieved 1 February 2010.
- "All Star Mr & Mrs Episode 11". ITV. Retrieved 28 July 2013.