|Traded as||SET: TRUE|
|Founded||Thailand (November 13, 1990 )|
|Headquarters||Huai Khwang, Bangkok, Thailand|
|Key people||Suphachai Chearavanont, CEO & President|
|Services||Cable television, Mobile, Internet|
|Revenue||US$3.3 billion (2013)|
|Parent||Charoen Pokphand Group|
True Corporation Public Company Limited (TRUE) is a communication conglomerate in Thailand. True controls Thailand's largest cable TV provider TrueVisions, its largest ISP True Internet and its third-largest mobile operator True Move.
True Corporation was established in 1990 as TelecomAsia. The firm had a strategic partnership with Verizon. The company was listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand on December 22, 1993 . In 2001, TelecomAsia set up a mobile phone subsidiary with Orange SA. Orange sold off its stake in the venture in 2003 but the Orange brand was still used until 2006.
In an effort to converge all its existing telecommunications related business into a single brand, the company renamed itself True Corporation in 2004 and streamlined its operations with subsidiaries AsiaInfonet (renamed True Internet) and Orange (renamed True Move in 2006) amongst others. It operates fixed-line (as a concessionaire of TOT Plc), wireless, Cable TV, IPTV and Broadband services amongst others.
In 2005, True took a higher stake in UBC, Thailand's largest cable television provider, and renamed the network UBC-True. On January 24, 2007 UBC-True was renamed TrueVisions and TrueVisions was renamed due to True Corporation Public Company Limited.
Today, True Corporation Public Company Limited, has pushed communication businesses into one brand, "True", promoting the companies in the form of True Convergence.
On 8 May 2013, True Move officially launched its 4G LTE commercial service on the 2100 MHz bandwidth. This has made it become the first mobile operator in Thailand to offer 4G LTE service on the 2100 MHz spectrum. As of 15 May 2013, the company plans to roll out 300 4G base stations in central Bangkok and 2000 more in 15 major provinces later this year.
In 2014, it was announced that China Mobile, with whom True Coperation formed the strategic partnership, agreed to purchase 18% of its share for a deal approximately US$ 881 million, subject to shareholders' approval.
True Corporation includes the following subsidiaries :
- True move (Mobile Phone Operator)
- True move (2G Mobile Phone Operator)
- True move-H (3.5G/4G Mobile Phone Operator)
- NC True (In order with 60% deals with NCSoft Corporation)
- True Online
- True Internet (largest in Thailand, Approx 80% of Bangkok Internet Market)
- True Net Talk
- True Digital Plus
- True Coffee
- True Life, online social network (Approximately 700,000 members)
- Online Game Provider
- True Music channel
- True Music Radio wave
- True Money (Pay by phone service cash card and Pay Station)
- TrueVisions (Subscriber TV service)
- True Fantasia
- True Academy Fantasia (Hit reality show in Thailand)
- True AF (Hit reality show in Thailand)
- Reality Channel add 2 channel: True AF, True Academy Fantasia
- Approximately 8 True's channels on True Visions.
- True Fantasia
- True Information Technology
- SM True (record label, with South Korea's S.M. Entertainment)
- Annual Registration Statement 2009 (56-1). True Corporation. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- "TRUE Company Profile". Stock Exchange of Thailand. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "TA Orange's strategic partner Orange SA sells off 39% of its 49% stake in the Thai mobile operator to TelecomAsia for a nominal one baht". Telecom Asia. 2004-04-01.
- "True Corporation". Truecorp.co.th. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- Amnatcharoenrit, Bamrung and Tortermvasana, Komsan (November 8, 2005). "True Corp set to take over UBC", Bangkok Post (retrieved July 18, 2006 until August 18, 2015 via AsiaMedia.com).
- True Move H – The First To Offer 4G LTE Service On 2100 MHz In Thailand While Reinforcing Its Leadership As The Largest 3G Operator,http://www.thaipr.net/communication/476291
- Jittapong, Khettiya (June 9, 2014). "China Mobile to buy $881mln stake in Thai billionaire's True Corp". Reuters. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- Phoosuphanusorn, Srisamorn & Leesa-nguansuk, Suchit (June 10, 2014). "China Mobile to buy into True". Bangkok Post. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- "History of NC True". Retrieved 17 Dec 2011.
- "True Group, in Collaboration with S.M. Entertainment from South Korea,Establishes a Joint-Venture "SM True Co., Ltd."To Bring A New Era of Entertainment to Thailand". True Corporation. Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- "S.M. Entertainment establishes joint venture company with Thailand’s True Visions Group, ‘SM True’". allkpop. Retrieved 16 August 2011.