Herald (Community of Christ)
Herald (formerly The True Latter Day Saints' Herald and The Saints' Herald) is the official periodical of the Community of Christ. It is published monthly in English in Independence, Missouri, by Herald House Publishing.
The True Latter Day Saints' Herald was first published in January 1860, shortly after the organization of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (RLDS Church) and was the official newspaper of the RLDS Church. The first edition was published in Cincinnati, Ohio; its editor was Isaac Sheen. In March 1863, publication moved to Plano, Illinois and in November 1881 to Lamoni, Iowa. In May 1921 the publication moved to its current location in Independence, Missouri.
The Herald has gone through a number of name changes in its history:
- The True Latter Day Saints' Herald (1860–1876)
- The Saints' Herald (1877–1953)
- Saints' Herald (1954–1972)
- Saints Herald (1973–2000)
- Herald (2001–present)
- "Community of Christ Multimedia Publishing Style Guidelines", May 2010, s.v. "Herald".
- Inez Smith Davis (1981). The Story of the Church (Independence, Mo.: Herald House) ISBN 0-8309-0188-4
- The Saints' Herald : text of selected articles, 1860–1992
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|