Trump Taj Mahal
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (November 2013)|
|Trump Taj Mahal|
|Address||1000 Boardwalk Ave|
|Theme||Taj Mahal, India|
|No. of rooms||1,250|
|Total gaming space||158,500 square foot|
|Permanent shows||none permanent|
|Signature attractions||Hard Rock Cafe|
|Owner||Trump Entertainment Resorts|
|Previous names||Resorts Taj Mahal|
The Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort is located at 1000 Boardwalk Avenue, in Atlantic City, New Jersey, in the bustling casino area. The casino is owned by Trump Entertainment Resorts. With approximately 75 regular tables and 14 tournament tables, the Taj Mahal has one of the largest poker rooms in Atlantic City, second in size only to The Borgata. It is currently undergoing a $250 million renovation and addition of a new hotel tower, which commenced groundbreaking in July 2006. The hotel has 1,250 guest rooms, including 237 suites.
Themed Hospitality Suites
Animal themed hospitality suites-Zebra, Tiger, Lion, Giraffe, Camel and Elephant. All feature an oversized parlor especially designed for hospitality entertainment, including an outdoor area, a bar and full size bath. The majority are up to 2,100 square feet, accommodating up to 50 people for a reception. Connecting bedrooms are available for all hospitality suites.
A one and two bedroom suite that ranges from 1,000 to 1,500 square feet with a master bedroom, living room with dining area, bar area, and two bathrooms. The suites are decorated in pastel colors with light wood finishes.
A two room suite that is approximately 1,400 square feet with a master bedroom, living room with dining area, large foyer with bar, master bath and powder room.
A newly renovated suite that features a master bedroom, parlor, dining area, bathroom (some suites also feature a Jacuzzi or whirlpool tub), powder room and spa. The majority are 1,200 square feet.
‘L’ shaped mini-suites that are approximately 650 square feet, with sleeping area, living/dining area and bathroom.
Newly renovated, spacious and beautifully decorated sleeping rooms with either two double beds or one king size bed and marble bathrooms.
The casino, home to The United States Poker Championship, has 4,000 slot machines and 210 table games. There is also a Baccarat Pit that offers Baccarat, Single Zero Roulette, and Highlimit Blackjack, plus a state-of-the-art Simulcast Facility, Keno, and a smoke free poker room.
- Big 6 Wheel
- Caribbean Stud Poker
- Let It Ride
- Mini Baccarat
- Pai Gow Poker
- Pai Gow Tiles
- Sic Bo
- Spanish 21
- Texas Hold'em Bonus
- Three Card Poker
- Four Card Poker
The casino was recently voted "Best Casino" by the readers of Casino Player magazine.
- Mark G Estess Arena - Hosts sporting events and the popular entertainers.
- Xanadu Arena - A showroom that has hosted entertainment like George Carlin, Earth, Wind and Fire and The Monkees.
- Casbah Club - A premier nightclub.
A 210 seat bastion of oriental cuisine that features a multitude of dishes from the Far East, Cantonese, Chinese and Sushi.
Mark Anthony's A unique gourmet restaurant at the Trump Taj Mahal featuring the latest trends in Italian cuisine. A variety of gourmet pizzas baked in a wood burning oven make Mark Anthony's the toast of the town.
A 209 seat steak house that is decorated in a rustic African and jungle theme the whole lion king meets the jungle book. Where Safari specialties include Certified Angus beef, Cold Water Lobster tails, lamb chops and veal chops. The Safari Steakhouse received the Gold award from the National Academy of Restaurant Sciences
A rock 'n' roll themed restaurant chain that is better known for its atmosphere than its food.
Royal Albert's Palace Featuring fine Indian cuisine. Open for lunch and dinner.
A chain restaurant with a pizza cafeteria style feel.
Stage Deli of New York
A restaurant with hot platters and New York-style overstuffed sandwiches in a relaxed, casual atmosphere.
Features NY Strip Steak, rotisserie chicken, a gourmet pizza station and dessert station.
The Bombay Cafe
A restaurant including Salads, Sandwiches, Pasta, Steaks, Seafood and a Breakfast Selection which is served all day.
The Casbah Cafe
The Casbah Cafe is the popular meeting spot for locals and tourists.
The Rim Noodle Bar
A restaurant with a new gourmet noodle bar located within a new Asian pit which features mini-baccarat, midi-baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles, Pai Gow Poker and an Asian ambiance.
Other Features and Amenities
- 140,000 square feet of convention and exhibit space, including 22 meeting rooms and three ballrooms, the largest measuring 30,000 square feet.
- The 63,000 square foot Mark G. Etess Arena can accommodate up to 500, 8' x 10' exhibition booths. The arena can also seat over 5,000 people for concerts and sporting events.
- A state-of-the-art Health Club and Fitness Center with a near Olympic-sized indoor pool. The spa also offers Jacuzzi, steam baths, tanning booths and sundecks.
- A motor coach terminal can accommodate 22 full-size buses.
- $14 million worth of German crystal chandeliers, including 245,000 piece chandeliers in the casino alone, each valued at a cost of $250,000
- It contains 4.5 times more steel than the Eiffel Tower.
- If laid end to end, the building support pilings would stretch the 62 miles from Atlantic City to Philadelphia.
- $4 million in uniforms and costumes outfit over 6,000 employees.
- The Trump TAJ Mahal Casino Resort can generate enough air conditioning to cool 4,000 homes.
- The main hotel lobby desk is 115-feet long with 15 separate check-in stations.
- The Trump Taj Mahal is at this time working on a new 45 Story- 800 room hotel tower