From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Truncated)
|Look up truncate, truncated, or truncation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Truncation is the term used for limiting the number of digits right of the decimal point by discarding the least significant ones.
Truncation may also refer to:
- Truncation (statistics) refers to measurements which have been cut off at some value
- Truncation (geometry) is the removal of one or more parts, as for example in truncated cube
- Data truncation, an event that occurs when a file or other data is stored in a location too small to accommodate its entire length
- Truncate (SQL), a command in the SQL data manipulation language to quickly remove all data from a table
- Truncate, a leaf shape
- Truncated protein, a protein shortened by a mutation which specifically induces premature termination of messenger RNA translation
- Cheque truncation, the conversion of physical cheques into electronic form for transmission to the paying bank
- Clipping (morphology), the word formation process which consists in the reduction of a word to one of its parts
- Cut (archaeology), the removal of archaeological deposits from an archaeological record
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.