Trusted Network Connect
In 2009 TCG announced expanded specifications which extended the specifications to systems outside of the enterprise network. Additional uses for TNC which have been reported include Industrial Control System (ICS), SCADA security, and physical security.
Specifications introduced by the TNC Work Group:
- TNC Architecture for Interoperability
- IF-IMC - Integrity Measurement Collector Interface
- IF-IMV - Integrity Measurement Verifier Interface
- IF-TNCCS - Trusted Network Connect Client-Server Interface
- IF-M - Vendor-Specific IMC/IMV Messages Interface
- IF-T - Network Authorization Transport Interface
- IF-PEP - Policy Enforcement Point Interface
- IF-MAP - Metadata Access Point Interface
- CESP - Clientless Endpoint Support Profile
- Federated TNC
TNC Vendor Adoption
A partial list of vendors who have adopted TNC Standards:
Also, networking by
TNC Customer Adoption
The U.S. Army has planned to use this technology to enhance the security of its computer networks.
The South Carolina Department of Probation, Parole, and Pardon Services has tested a TNC-SCAP integration combination in a pilot program.
- Dornan, Andy. “'Trusted Network Connect' Puts Hardware Security Agent In Every PC”, “Information Week Magazine”, UBM Techweb Publishing.
- Vijayan, Jaikumar. “Vendor Group Adds Net Access Specs”, “Computer World Magazine”, IDG Publishing.
- Higgins, Kelly Jackson. “Trusted Computing Group Widens Security Specs Beyond Enterprise Networks”, “Dark Reading”, UBM Techweb Publishing.
- Townsend, Mark. “Naked endpoints on your net, and what to do about them”, “SC Magazine”, Haymarket Media.
- Fang, Juan and Zeng, Hongli. “The Model of Trusted Network Connect Based on Credibility of the Hierarchy”, nswctc, vol. 2, pp.454-457, 2010 Second International Conference on Networks Security, Wireless Communications and Trusted Computing, 2010.
- Howard, Scott (2010-06)(“Securing SCADA and Control Networks”, “Automation.com”.
- "Using Trusted Network Connect for NAC — FedTech Magazine" — FedTech Magazine
- Product Analysis: Network Access Control - Network Computing
- 'Trusted Network Connect' Puts Hardware Security Agent In Every PC - - - Informationweek
- Vendor Group Adds Net Access Specs - Computerworld
- Trusted Computing Group Widens Security Specs Beyond Enterprise Networks - Dark Reading
- Not your Father's Control System | Tofino Industrial Security Solution
- Securing SCADA and Control Networks
- Trusted Computing Group Continues to Extend TNC Specifications | Current Analysis
- Tnc If-M
- Naked endpoints on your net, and what to do about them - SC Magazine US
- Speed of cybersecurity rises with combination of Trusted Network Connect and Security Content Automation Protocols - Federal Computer Week