|Type||Mutual Holding Company|
|Headquarters||Lake Forest, Illinois, United States|
|Services||Employee benefits, benefits administration, payroll-deducted voluntary products, group medical benefits, and integrated population health, lifestyle, wellness and fitness management|
|Employees||More than 6,000 full- and part-time employees|
Trustmark Companies is an employee benefits company. According to Crain's Chicago Business magazine, with 2011 revenue of $960 million, Trustmark Companies ranks #37 among Chicago's Largest Privately Held Companies.
- 1913 Founding
- 1994 Name Trustmark adopted after merger with Bankers Mutual Life
- 1997 Trustmark strengthens benefit administration capabilities with acquisition of CoreSource
- 2001 Trustmark acquires leading worksite benefit firms National Worksite Benefits and National Worksite Advantage
- 2007 Externally focused business development team, New Growth Ventures, formed
- 2007 Innovative small-group stop-loss health insurance product launched
- 2008 Trustmark acquires Health Contact Partners (HCP), a URAC-accredited health contact center, and launches CareChampion, a healthcare advocacy service
- 2009 Trustmark establishes Trustmark Life Insurance Company of New York, enabling Voluntary Benefit Solutions to enter that large market and better serve national clients
- 2010 Trustmark acquires Health Fitness Corporation, an award-winning, NCQA-accredited provider of integrated health promotion and fitness management solutions
- 2010 Sales of small-group stop-loss product, Healthy Incentives, more than double, to $47 million
- 2011 CoreSource wins contract to administer 23,000-employee- life block of business for Nippon Life Benefits
- 2011 HealthFitness acquires assets of leading, NCQA-accredited condition management company Focused Health Solutions
- Trustmark Voluntary Benefit Solutions offers employee benefits, including life, disability, accident and critical illness insurance, designed specifically for the voluntary market. Products are distributed at the worksite through national and regional brokers and professional benefit communication firms.
- CoreSource provides benefit administration and health management services to a broad range of clients including self-funded employers, state high-risk pools, public retiree plans and fully insured medical blocks.
- Trustmark Employer Medical focuses on employer-sponsored health benefit solutions for smaller employers. In addition to health plan coverage, Employer Medical offers foreign student insurance and an array of ancillary coverage. Star Marketing and Administration, Inc (Starmark) administers PPO-based fully insured and self-funded plans to small businesses and their employees. And Trustmark Life Insurance Company insures the fully insured plans and provides stop-loss insurance for the self-funded plans.
- HealthFitness is an NCQA- and URAC-accredited provider of integrated population health management, condition management, wellness and health advocacy solutions targeted to midsize and larger employers (including Fortune 500 companies), and health plans. HealthFitness focuses on behavior change to generate measureable results.
- J. Grover Thomas Jr.
Chairman of the Board Retired Chief Executive Officer The Trustmark Companies
- Joseph L. Pray
President and Chief Executive Officer The Trustmark Companies
- Trustmark Careers Page
- Crain's Chicago Business Chicago's Largest Privately Held Companies
- Japsen, Bruce. Chicago Tribune, Inside Health Care "Insurer to buy wellness company" Jan 28, 2010 
- O'Donnell, Anthony. Insurance&Technology, "Nippon Life Benefits Taps CoreSource for Benefit Administration," March 23, 2011 
- AHIP Hi-Wire "HealthFitness Acquires Assets of Focused Health Solutions" March 1, 2011 
- Trustmark Voluntary Benefit Solutions website
- CoreSource website
- Starmark website
- HealthFitness website
- 2010 Trustmark Companies Annual Report