Truth or Scare
|Truth or Scare|
The Truth or Scare intertitle.
|Written by||Kevin Barry|
|Directed by||David R. Hale|
|Presented by||Michelle Trachtenberg|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||20 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jim Rapsas|
|Camera setup||multiple camera set-up|
|Running time||30 minutes
|Distributor||44 Blue Productions|
|Original channel||Discovery Kids|
|Original run||October 25, 2001– January 1, 2003|
Truth or Scare is a television series on the Discovery Kids network. The show aired from October 25, 2001 to January 1, 2003. Each episode was 30 minutes long with commercials.
In each episode, Trachtenberg appeared as the hostess/narrator telling the stories of famous hauntings and other paranormal phenomena in some sort of spooky goth subculture. The show's setting was in a styled library surrounded by props that relate to the episodes theme. She usually then said some short line or phrase. After that clips of the episode were shown, she then said something along the lines of "Next on Truth or Scare...". The show then continued on to Trachtenberg narrating stories about the topic while reenactments performed. She then explained some background information about the story. In between stories, commercial breaks are held, but before each break Michelle would give an intro to what the next story would be.
- "Castle Ghosts of England" - Myths and legends of ghosts that are associated with the castles of England.
- "Dracula" - The evolution of Bram Stoker's Dracula.
- "Wolfman: The Myth and the Science" - The legend of the werewolf.
- "The Curse of Tutankhamen" - A legend and of a curse on the tomb of Pharoh Tutankhamen.
- "Castle Ghosts of Ireland" - Past and present merge in the Ireland's castle halls of the world.
- "Ghosthunters" - Modern "ghostbusters" investigate paranormal phenomenon.
- "UFO's Over Phoenix" - The mysterious sightings of UFO's in Phoenix, Arizona.
- "America's Haunted Houses" - People investigate reports of ghosts and mysterious happenings in America.
- "Castle Ghosts of Scotland" - Stories of Scotland's turbulent past tell of hauntings.
- "Bigfoot" - The urban legend of Bigfoot.
- "Night Visitors" - The Bell Witch; Mercy Brown vampire incident; Emily's Bridge; the Hammond Castle hauntings.
- "The Bermuda Triangle" - The mysteries of the Bermuda Triangle.
- "Castle Ghosts of Wales" - Haunted Welsh castles.
- "The True Story of Halloween" - The history of Halloween.
- "Hollywood Haunts" - Hollywood's notorious sites for being haunted.
- "Haunted Hotels" - Historic hotels that have a reputation for being haunted.
- "Scare Me!" - Some people avoid being scared, while others seek out the thrill of it.
- "Real Witches?" - The history of witches.
- "Loch Ness Monster" - The myth of the infamous Loch Ness Monster in Scotland.
- "Psychic Science" - The practice of psychics and mediums.
- "UFOs Over Phoenix"
- "America's Haunted Houses"
- "Castle Ghosts of Scotland"
- "Night Visitors"
- "The Bermuda Triangle"
- "Castle Ghosts of Wales"
- "The True Story of Halloween"
- "Castle Ghosts of Ireland
- "Hollywood Haunts"
- "Haunted Hotels"
- "Castle Ghosts of England"
- "Scare Me!"
- "Real Witches"
- "Loch Ness Monster"
- "Psychic Science"
- "Crop circles"
- "Roswell & Area 51"
Truth or Scare first aired on the Discovery Kids channel as a part of the network's Scary Saturday Night Sleepover lineup. Reruns of the show aired on the The Hub (formerly Discovery Kids) along with the fellow former Discovery Kids series Strange Days at Blake Holsey High.