|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013)|
205-1100 series train on the Tsurumi Line
|Locale||Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan|
|Rolling stock||205-1100 series|
|Line length||7.0 km (4.3 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
The Tsurumi Line (鶴見線 Tsurumi-sen?) is a railway line operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East) in Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan. It provides passenger service along a 7 km between Tsurumi Station in Tsurumi-ku, Yokohama and Ōgimachi Station in Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki. Branches bring the total length of track to 9.7 km. The gauge is 1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in). Two sections of the line have double track. The line is electrified at 1,500 V DC.
Japan Freight Railway Company (JR Freight) operates on three segments of the line, often to carry petroleum and other chemicals from the numerous refineries and factories in the area. The line is also used to carry jet fuel from the US Navy fuel depot near Anzen Station through the Musashino Line to Yokota Air Base in west Tokyo.
- All stations are located in Kanagawa Prefecture.
- All trains stop at every station, except for trains to/from Ōkawa which pass Musashi-Shiraishi.
Keikyū Main Line (Keikyū-Tsurumi)
|Asano||浅野||0.6||3.0||Tsurumi Line (Umi-Shibaura Branch)||∥|
|Anzen||安善||0.5||3.5||Tsurumi Line (Ōkawa Branch)||∥|
|Hama-Kawasaki||浜川崎||1.6||5.7||Nambu Line (Branch Line)||∨|
|Asano||浅野||-||3.0||Tsurumi Line (Main Line)||∥||Tsurumi-ku, Yokohama|
|Anzen||安善||-||3.5||Tsurumi Line (Main Line)||∥||Tsurumi-ku, Yokohama|
- 205-1100 series 3-car EMUs (since August 2004)
3-car 205-1100 series EMU trainsets modified from former 205-0 series trainsets were introduced on the Tsurumi Line from 25 August 2004. Nine 205-1100 series 3-car trains operate on the line.
- KuMoHa 12 (Ōkawa Branch Line service, from December 1972 until March 1996)
- 72 series (from 1972 until January 1980)
- 101 series (from 1980 until March 1992)
- 103 series (from August 2, 1990 until December 16, 2005)
A shuttle bus for Toshiba employees at runs in a loop between Asano, Shin-Shibaura, and Umi-Shibaura stations on a schedule alternating with Tsurumi Line trains. Both the bus and the stops are marked with the Toshiba logo.
- "鶴見線に205系先頭車化改造車1100代が登場" [205-1100 series with modified end cars appear for Tsurumi Line]. Railway Journal (Japan: Tetsudō Journal) 38 (457): p.92. November 2004.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tsurumi Line.|
- Stations of the Tsurumi Line (JR East) (Japanese)