|Industry||Internet, Media, Entertainment|
|Founded||Los Angeles, United States (2008 )|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Key people||Brady Brim-DeForest (CEO)
Drew Baldwin (SVP, Product)
Marc Hustvedt (Editor-in-Chief)
Joshua Cohen (CIO)
|Products||Tubefilter News, online publication|
Tubefilter, Inc. is a privately held company based in Los Angeles, California that operates media businesses focusing on the online entertainment industry. Tubefilter is best known for Tubefilter News, a blog targeted at the producers and distributors of web television content where the best in episodic scripted serialized web series and alternate reality games can be found. Tubefilter News describes itself as the leading web television trade publication in Hollywood and has reported on such major stories as Apple, Inc.'s foray into original content production and the launch of Joss Whedon's cult series Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.
Tubefilter News has been cited by Variety, and its staff have been quoted by the Washington Post, the Christian Science Monitor, The Wrap, and BusinessWeek  when covering the web television industry. It is ranked in the top 1600 blogs worldwide according to Technorati.
The company also operates the Streamy Awards, as well as a weekly web television guide and hosts monthly Web TV meetups. In October 2009, Tubefilter acquired online entertainment and reviews site Tilzy.tv.
Tubefilter integrates a number of blogs and services into its network. These include:
- Tubefilter News (launched June 2008), a trade publication for the online entertainment industry.
- Tubefilter Jobs (launched February 2009), a new-media and web television focused job board.
- Web TV Schedule (launched August 2008), a guide to web television release schedules.
Tubefilter operates a series of events in Los Angeles and New York. These include:
- Onfronts (launched June 2009), a bi-annual digital upfront for the web television industry.
- Web TV Meetups (launched August 2008), a community event series in Los Angeles.
- Web TV Week (launched March 2009), a week long series of web television events that takes place every spring and fall in Los Angeles.
Programs and sponsorships
Tubefilter sponsors and promotes a number of Web TV based award shows and foundations. They are a founding host of the Streamy Awards, which honor excellence in web television production. They also were part of a partnership of new media companies that formed the International Academy of Web Television. They were also a sponsor for the 4th Annual ITVFest (Independent Television Festival), the 2009 NATPE LATVFest, and the first Open Video Conference from the Open Video Alliance. The co-founding of Tubefilter was among the credentials noted for Brady Brim-DeForest's position on a panel from "the world of technology and media" that judged entrants for Twiistup 6.
- "California Business Search - Corporation Search Results: TUBEFILTER, INC.". California Secretary of State. Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- Albrecht, Chris (2009-10-19). "Web Video News Consolidation: Tubefilter Acquires Tilzy.tv". NewTeeVee.
- "About Tubefilter News". Tubefilter. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- "Tubefilter blog". Tubefilter, Inc. Retrieved September 16, 2009.
- Coyle, Jake (2009-02-26). "On the Net: Sites Aim to Be TV Guide for the Web". ABC News. Associated Press. Retrieved July 26, 2009.[dead link]
- Krieger, Todd (2008-10-31). "Video's Rosy Future". ClickZ. IIM, LLC. Retrieved July 26, 2009.
- Kettle, Michael (September 4, 2009). "ABC Experiments With New Techniques to Promote "FlashForward"". TVOverMind. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "Apple iTunes Getting Into Original Content". Tubefilter News. Tubefilter, Inc. 2008-08-05.
- Netherby, Jennifer. "Apple's next step in world domination: making movies?" (Blog). Video Business, Variety. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- "‘Dr. Horrible’ Trailer Leaked". Tubefilter. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- "‘Dr. Horrible’ To Premiere July 15, Then Vanish". Tubefilter. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
- Mclean, Thomas (2009-06-02). "Original Web Series Still Lack Funding". Variety. Retrieved August 5, 2009.
- Hesse, Monica (2009-05-17). "Web Series Are Coming Into A Prime Time of Their Own". Washington Post. p. 2. Retrieved August 4, 2009.
- Goodale, Gloria (2009-04-20). "What’s on Web TV?". The Christian Science Monitor.
- Russo, Maria (2009-05-13). "Ashton Kutcher's Web/TV Breakthrough". The Wrap.
- Christian, Aymar (2009-10-12). "Verizon Wireless Enrolls at Valemont U". BusinessWeek.
- "Technorati Rankings". Technorati. Technorati, Inc. 2009-04-19. Retrieved October 14, 2009.
- Krieger, Todd (2009-04-19). "Digital Dealmakers". TV Week. Crain Communications, Inc. Retrieved September 2, 2009.
- Sarah Kuhn; Jamie Painter Young and Dany Margolies (July 30, 2009). "10 Ways to Advance Your Career". Backstage. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
- "Tubefilter Hollywood Web TV Meetup Presents: Going LIVE!". NewTeeVee. October 7, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- Kee, Tameka (2009-10-19). "Tubefilter Acquires Tilzy.tv; Shuffles Execs To Scale Out". PaidContent.
- Mitchell, Greg (October 21, 2009). "Beyond "Balloon Dad": Web Series Continue Startling Growth". The Huffington Post. Retrieved Oct 21, 2009.
- "Tubefilter New Media Jobs". Tubefilter. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- "Tubefilter - Web TV Schedule". Tubefilter. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- "Tubefilter Events". Tubefilter. Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- "Announcing the 1st Annual Streamy Awards" (Press release). Streamy Awards. 2008-12-19. Retrieved 2009-07-26.
- Heffernan, Virginia (2009-03-31). "California Streamin’: A Night for Web Serials" (Blog). New York Times. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- Tilsner, Jamison (March 4, 2009). "Transparency. The Streamys and The IAWTV". Tilzy.tv. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "New International Academy of Web Television Announces Digital Entertainment Industry Leaders for Academy Membership" (Press release). IAWTV. 2009-03-04. Retrieved 2009-10-02.
- "ITVFestival - April 23rd - Early Submission Deadline and New Sponsors!!" (Blog). Fest21.com. April 16, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "Tales From The Filterfront - Tubefilter is a proud sponsor of the 2009 NATPE LATV Fest". Tubefilter Blog. July 9, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "Tales From The Filterfront - Tubefilter is a proud Media Sponsor of the first...". Tubefilter Blog. June 17, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "Innovative Start-Ups Wanted for Twiistup 6" (Press release). MarketWire. May 19, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
DATING JUST GOT MEDIEVAL ON TUBEFILTER…(http://www.tubefilter.com/2010/06/02/dating-just-got-medieval-on-yo-ass/)