Tubod, Lanao del Norte
Map of Lanao del Norte showing the location of Tubod
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Province||Lanao del Norte|
|Founded||October 17, 1946|
|• Mayor||Nelieta Q. Noval|
|• Vice Mayor||Edward O. Pido|
|• Total||246.80 km2 (95.29 sq mi)|
|• Density||190/km2 (490/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Population census of Tubod, Lanao del Norte|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Tubod is a 2nd class municipality in the province of Lanao del Norte, Philippines. It is also the capital municipality of Lanao del Norte. According to the latest 2010 census, it has a population of 46,332 people in 11,306 households.
Tubod derived its name from the spring located at Sitio Baybay of Barangay Poblacion. According to the old folks, even during the longest dry season, the spring will not drain. Tubod comes from the Cebuano word “the water source”. History pointed out that Christian immigrants from Luzon and Visayas settled in this part of the region.
Tubod is politically subdivided into 24 barangays.
- Baris (Lumangculob)
- Camp V
- Kakai Renabor
- Pinpin (Tadura)
- San Antonio
- Santo Niño
Place of interest
Tubod is the site of the Mindanao Civic Center which houses a hotel, cafeteria, gym, swimming pool, oval, and other sports facilities. MCC is as impressive 71-hectare integrated complex with 5-hectare provincial trade center, 18-hectare sports facilities with 48-hectares still open for the proposed 18-hole golf course, picnic park and sports academy. MCC was the first sports hub of the First Mindanao Friendship Games. The main stadium has a seating capacity of 14,000.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Official site of Tubod
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- 2000 Philippine Census Information
- 2007 Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System