Tucheng Line (Taipei Metro)
Yongning Station Platform
Republic of China (Taiwan)
Yongning (under construction to Dingpu)
|Opening||May 31, 2006|
|Operator(s)||Taipei Rapid Transit System|
|Rolling stock||Siemens C321 and C341 trains
3 cars per set, 2 sets per train (6 cars)
|Line length||7.5 km (4.7 mi)|
|No. of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||Third rail (750 volts DC)|
|Operating speed||80 km/h|
|Tucheng Line (Taipei Metro)|
The Taipei Metro Tucheng Line is a high-capacity underground extension of the Banqiao and Nangang Lines (Blue Line). The line is 7.5 km long and consists of 5 stations with an extension under construction to Dingpu.
- May 27, 2006: The Banqiao-Tucheng section opens for trial runs.
- May 31, 2006: The Fuzhong-Yongning section opens for revenue service.
|← Continues through then|
(Lin Family Mansion and Garden)
|BL40||Far Eastern Hospital||亞東醫院|
An extension from Tucheng to Dingpu is currently under construction. It will consist of one station will be 2.0 km long with commercial service scheduled to begin in 2013.
- "First Stage of Taipei MRT (Already under Revenue Service)". Department of Rapid Transit Systems, TCG. 2009-07-04. Retrieved 2010-12-11.
- "New Taipei MRT line brings city, county closer". The China Post. 2006-06-01. Retrieved 2010-12-11.
- "Second Stage of Taipei MRT (Approved MRT Lines)". Department of Rapid Transit Systems, TCG. 2009-07-04. Retrieved 2010-12-11.
|This Taiwanese rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|