|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||ISO 3166-2:IN|
Tufanganj subdivision is a subdivision of the Cooch Behar district in the state of West Bengal, India. It consists of Tufanganj municipality and two community development blocks: Tufanganj–I and Tufanganj–II. The two blocks contain 25 gram panchayats. The subdivision has its headquarters at Tufanganj.
Apart from the Tufanganj municipality, the subdivision contains rural areas of 25 gram panchayats under two community development blocks: Tufanganj–I and Tufanganj–II. There is no urban area under these two blocks.
Rural area under Tufanganj–I block consists of 14 gram panchayats, viz. Andaran–Fulbari–I, Balabhut, Dhalpal–I, Natabari–I, Andaran–Fulbari–II, Chilkhana–I, Dhalpal–II, Natabari–II, Balarampur–I, Chilkhana–II, Maruganj, Balarampur–II, Deocharai and Nakkatigachh. Tufanganj police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Tufanganj.
Rural area under Tufanganj–II block consists of 11 gram panchayats, viz. Barokodali–I, Bhanukumari–II, Mahiskuchi–II, Salbari–I, Barokodali–II, Falimari, Rampur–I, Salbari–II, Bhanukumari–I, Mahiskuchi–I and Rampur–II. Tufanganj police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Baksirhat.
As per order of the Delimitation Commission in respect of the delimitation of constituencies in the West Bengal, the Tufanganj municipality, Tufanganj–II block and Andaran–Fulbari–I, Balabhut, Dhalpal–I and Nakkatigachh gram panchayats of Tufanganj–I block together will constitute the Tufanganj assembly constituency of West Bengal. The other ten gram panchayats of Tufanganj–I block, viz. Natabari–I, Andaran–Fulbari–II, Chilkhana–I, Dhalpal–II, Natabari–II, Balarampur–I, Chilkhana–II, Maruganj, Balarampur–II and Deocharai will be part of the Natabari assembly constituency. Natabari constituency will be part of Cooch Behar (Lok Sabha constituency), which will be reserved for Scheduled castes (SC) candidates. Tufanganj constituency will be part of Alipurduars (Lok Sabha constituency), which will be reserved for Scheduled tribes (ST) candidates.
- "Directory of District, Sub division, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal, March 2008". West Bengal. National Informatics Centre, India. 2008-03-19. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- "District Wise List of Statutory Towns( Municipal Corporation,Municipality,Notified Area and Cantonment Board) , Census Towns and Outgrowths, West Bengal, 2001". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- "List of Districts/C.D.Blocks/ Police Stations with Code No., Number of G.Ps and Number of Mouzas". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Cooch Behar district. Panchayats and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-26.
- "Press Note, Delimitation Commission" (PDF). Assembly Constituencies in West Bengal. Delimitation Commission. pp. 4, 23. Retrieved 2009-01-08.