February 28, 1983 |
|Bats: Left||Throws: Right|
|July 12, 2008 for the Seattle Mariners|
(through 2009 Season)
|Runs batted in||3|
|Competitor for United States|
|Baseball World Cup|
|Gold||2009 Nettuno||National team|
Timothy Craig "Tug" Hulett Jr. (born February 28, 1983 in Springfield, Illinois) is a professional baseball second baseman who is currently a free agent. He throws right-handed and bats left-handed. His father Tim played 12 seasons in Major League Baseball for the Chicago White Sox, Baltimore Orioles, and St. Louis Cardinals.
A .332 hitter for Auburn University, Hulett was drafted by the Texas Rangers in the 14th round of the 2004 Major League Baseball Draft. Hulett hit .274 in 70 games for the Single-A Spokane Indians in 2004. In 2005, he was promoted to the Single-A Clinton Lumber Kings, where he batted .265 and was a mid-season All-Star. He started 2006 in Single-A Bakersfield before being promoted to the Double-A Frisco RoughRiders. He played for the Oklahoma RedHawks in 2007, hitting .272 in 132 games. On December 12, 2007, he was traded to the Seattle Mariners for Ben Broussard.
Hulett started 2008 with Triple-A Tacoma. After batting .302 in 71 games, Hulett was called up by the Mariners on July 10, after the release of struggling first baseman Richie Sexson. Hulett played one game in Seattle, going 1 for 3, before being sent back down to the Rainiers on July 18 when the Mariners called up first baseman Bryan LaHair.
On December 23, 2010, Hulett signed a minor league contract with the Colorado Rockies. He was released on April 7, 2011.
Hulett opened the 2012 season with Double-A Reading.
He signed with the Miami Marlins on a minor league contract in January 2013, but was released before the season started.
- "Texas Rangers 2004 Draft Results". mlb.com. Retrieved November 27, 2009.
- Jesse Baumgartner (July 17, 2008). "LaHair gets call to Majors". mlb.com. Retrieved November 27, 2009.
- Jim Street (February 15, 2009). "Mariners claim pitcher from Brewers". mlb.com. Retrieved November 27, 2009.
- Dick Kaegel (February 19, 2009). "Royals claim Hulett off waivers". mlb.com. Retrieved November 27, 2009.
- John Schlegel (November 25, 2009). "Red Sox get Hulett in trade with Royals". mlb.com. Retrieved November 27, 2009.