|Broadcast area||Greater Pretoria|
|Slogan||Your Music, Your Capital|
|First air date||1993|
|Format||Community Campus Based radio|
|Owner||University of Pretoria|
Tuks FM is the radio station of the University of Pretoria and one of South Africa's most respected community broadcasters. In addition to its deeply impressive output of media professionals, many of whom have become household names in the world of radio and TV, it was also one of the first community broadcasters in South Africa's history to be given an FM licence. As a community broadcaster Tuks FM aims to be at the forefront of youth orientated radio infotainment, and by doing so providing the professional media sector with world class trained individuals.
The station was formed in 1980 and had its first transmission on 9 February 1981, where it only broadcast to the Cafeteria and launched with a live performance from David Kramer. Initially it broadcast only to the University of Pretoria main campus. In 1982-1984 broadcast points extended to all university residences as well as the Onderstepoort and Medical Campuses.
The station was awarded a one month temporary broadcasting licence in February 1993 as well as a two month temporary broadcasting licence in 1994. On 24 April 1995 the station commenced its one year broadcasting licence on the 107.2 FM stereo at 100 W in the greater Pretoria area.
The station has produced a string of household names in South African television, radio and journalism.
- 5FM DJ's: Gareth Cliff, Poppy Ntshongwana, Sias du Plessis, Grant Nash and Anele Mdoda, Kim Schulze(Newsreader), Rob Forbes
- Jacaranda 94.2 DJ's: Clayton Robbertze, Duncan Pollock, Dewald Noel, Francois Du Toit, Marius van der Walt, Liezel van der Westhuizen, Martine vd Walt, Antowan Nöthling, Robbie Kruse, Christine Greyvenstein, Nadine Moore
- Highveld Gloria Monaisa (Programming Director), Dineo Mphahlele (Newsreader); Carmen Reddy (Newsreader); Kriya Gangiah
- RSG DJ: Neil Saayman;
- Radio Pulpit DJ: Adriana Faling;
- Classic FM DJ: Magz Kiko;
- 702 Talk Radio presenters: Camilla Bath, Simon Dingle, Umayya Thebe and Dineo Mphahlele;Carmen Reddy; Tara Meaney
- Adsat Corporate Radio, Highveld Stereo and OFM: Justine Coley;
- Metro FM: Hlogi Mampuru a.k.a. Joe Man;
- Dubai 92: Rob Weston.
- OFM: Tim Zunckel (Programme Manager), Kenzy Vinco, Irene Fisher, Andre Kunz and Riaan van Heerden
- East Coast Radio: Samson Oduntan
- Algoa Fm: JD Mostert (Producer)
- M-Net personnel (presenters, producers,etc.) Francois Nolte, Renier Roos and Victor Eckard aka Victor Edward;
- SUPERSPORT Sias du Plessis
- SABC personnel: Kim Schulze, Dineo Mphahlele, Duane Dell'Oca, Sarel van Vuuren, Tebogo Ramatjie, Victor Khasu and Vusi Ndala; Jenni Van Der Merwe
- CNBC Africa: Eleni Giocos, Fenley Foxen
- e.tv: Natascha Jacobsz (Morning Edition),Kriya Gangiah
- TV: Scot Scott;
- Journalist: Simon Dingle;
- Voice Over: Jannes Eiselin.
|Feb 2013||45 000|
|Dec 2012||28 000|
|Oct 2012||15 000|
|Aug 2012||18 000|
|Jun 2012||42 000|