Tullahoma High School
|Tullahoma High School|
|Type||Public high school|
|Principal||Mr. Mike Landis|
|Location||1001 North Jackson Street,
Tullahoma, Tennessee, United States
|Colors||Cardinal, Black, and White|
|Newspaper||'The Echo The Reverberation'|
The current high school in Tullahoma was established on the North Jackson Street campus in 1956 and was, for many years, known as the "Million Dollar High School" due to the initial construction cost. Over the next 50 years, the school expanded from a standard two-story high school to a sprawling campus. The most recent addition to the building was the construction of the science wing in 1995. In recent years, the school faced many infrastructure problems. In 2008 a community based capital projects program was authorized and Wilkins Stadium as well as the THS auditorium were rehabilitated. Work on the Wilkins Stadium began in March 2009 and the new stadium complex was completed as the 2009 school year opened. The THS Auditorium was redesigned to provide a state of the art venue for the community and school and renovation was completed in May 2010.
Tullahoma High School is proud of its band program  and vocal department, which supports three vocal groups, including the THS AristoCats, a chorale and show choir that has won many state and regional competitions during their long history of excellence stretching back to 1976.
Additionally, the THS theatre department brought in Mr. Aaron W. Miller to revitalize the theater program in January 2012. Their first production: Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera. Since then, Miller and his wife (affectionately known as Miss Terri) have revived the International Thespian Society Troupe #1523 (now known as the ImprovaTeerS), produced The Princess Bride, Disney's Beauty & the Beast as well as created an original production An Evening of Vaudeville with the THS ImprovaTeerS.
The school's athletic program boasts past state team championships in baseball and golf as well as individual championships in wrestling and track.
A Marine Corps Junior ROTC program was established in the 2000s.
High School 101
In the 2010-2011 school year, Tullahoma High School initiated a freshman academy called "High School 101" that is intended to provide small learning community for students in their first year in the high school. Ninth grade students have a different daily class schedule than the other grades.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
- Dewon Brazelton, professional baseball player
- Katye Brock, Tennessee's Distinguished Young Woman and America's Distinguished Young Woman 2011
- Steve Matthews, NFL quarterback
- Antonio London, NFL Linebacker
- Bryan Morris, professional baseball player
- Chandler Lawson, former Ms. Chattanooga and Ms. Tennessee 2012
- The Tullahoma News, May 2010
- General Info, High School 101, Tullahoma High School website, accessed December 24, 2010
- "Dewon Brazelton". CBS Sports.com. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- "Stephen Keith Matthews". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- "Antonio Monte London". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- "Bryan Morris Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved November 10, 2012.