||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)|
6 May 1973 |
Hastings, Sussex, England
|Height||178 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||85 kg (13 st 5 lb)|
|Position||Halfback, Five-eighth, Centre, Wing, Fullback|
Tulsen Tollett (born 6 May 1973 in Hastings, England) is former professional rugby league footballer of the 1990s and 2000s who currently works as a TV presenter for BBC World. A Great Britain international representative utility back, he played in Australia for Sydney's Penrith Panthers and Parramatta Eels clubs, before moving to England and playing for the London Broncos club.
Rugby league career
Tollett's finest moments with the Broncos include:
- Playing in the side that beat top Australian side Canberra Raiders in Super League's World Club Championship series in 1997 (London chalked up a rare win by a European Super League side against their Australasian Super League counterparts in that year's competition)
- Being part of the first London side to reach a Rugby League Challenge Cup final, in 1999 against Leeds Rhinos at Wembley
- Being in the highest finishing London side (second, Super League 1997) in the club's (Fulham, London Crusaders, Broncos) history to date
Rugby union career
Tollett was forced to give up playing in 2001 due to a persistent shoulder injury. He then moved into the media and now presents sport on BBC World News. Previous to this he worked for ABC News 24 and ABC NewsRadio in Sydney and has also worked for BBC Radio 5 Live, Sky Sports, Eurosport and Setanta Sports amongst others as a presenter, reporter or commentator, and worked as a pitchside reporter for TVH, the host broadcaster, at the 2007 Rugby World Cup in France.
Tollett also holds a Bachelor of Physical Education Teaching degree, as well as a First Dan Karate Black Belt.
- Injury takes toll on Tollett BBC Sport, 29 November 2001
- Broncos' Tollett calls it a day Wales Online, 30 November 2001
- Tulsen Tollett Harlequins Rugby Union
- London Welsh 19 Worcester 20 Worcester News, 2 October 1999
- Barrow sign up Nickle The Telegraph, 29 November 2001
- Tollett quits Broncos BBC Sport, 29 November 2001
- Statistics: Tulsen Tollett Rugby Premiership