|Industry||Hotel chains, Tourism|
|Headquarters||Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia|
|Tan Sri Tony Fernandes, Founder & Key Shareholder
Dato' Seri Kalimullah Hassan, Key Shareholder
Mark Lankester, CEO
|Products||Limited service lodging|
|Slogan||"5-Star Sleeping Experience at 1-Star Price"|
Tune Hotels.com is a limited service hotel chain operated by Tune Hotels Regional Services Sdn Bhd that provides a claimed "5-star sleeping experience at a 1-star price" accommodation. Tune Hotels is part of the Tune Group, the private investment group of Tan Sri Tony Fernandes, founder and group CEO of low-cost airline AirAsia. Tune Hotels states that it is aiming for 100 hotels in its global portfolio by 2015.
As with 'low-cost carriers', Tune Hotels limited service and pay-as-you-use of add-ons concept omits many traditional hospitality services. Instead, services and extras are offered on a pay-as-you-go basis, including toiletries, 12 or 24 hours air-conditioning, TV and internet access and also single or double occupancy.
In common with other 'low-cost' marketed operations, Tune Hotels' advertising and bookings can be misleading – e.g., booking an advertised 149 MYR a room at Kuala Lumpur International Airport which also shows this price whilst booking has the link 'show me the price breakdown' which open a new window detailing an extra service charge producing a total of 173.73 MYR.
Online room bookings are claimed to be at prices starting from US$3.00, however normally the prices will be around the local low-end rate. Personal service is not available, and nether are refunds in the event of a booking error.
Hotel space is also available for rent to advertisers (indoors, outdoors as well as whole floors) on room walls, room keys, hallways and in the lobby. Major advertisers include CIMB Bank, King Koil, Marigold, Nippon Paint and Nestle..
- Tune Hotel Bintulu, Bintulu, Sarawak
- Tune Hotel Danga Bay, Johor Bahru, Johor
- Tune Hotel Downtown Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan
- Tune Hotel Downtown Penang, Penang
- Tune Hotel KLIA2 Airport, Sepang, Selangor
- Tune Hotel Kota Bharu City Centre, Kota Bharu, Kelantan
- Tune Hotel Kota Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Tune Hotel Kulim Landmark Central, Kulim, Kedah
- Tune Hotel Waterfront Kuching, Kuching, Sarawak
- Tune Hotel 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- Tune Hotel d'Pulze, Cyberjaya, Selangor
- Tune Hotel Westminster, London
- Tune Hotel Liverpool Street, London
- Tune Hotel Praed Street, Paddington, London
- Tune Hotel King's Cross, London
- Tune Hotel Parker Street, Liverpool
- Tune Hotel Edinburgh
- Tune Hotel Newcastle
- Tune Hotel Canary Wharf
- Tune Hotel Angeles City, Pampanga
- Tune Hotel Aseana City, Parañaque
- Tune Hotel Cagayan de Oro, Mindanao
- Tune Hotel Cebu City, Cebu
- Tune Hotel Davao City
- Tune Hotel Ermita, Manila
- Tune Hotel Makati City
- Tune Hotel Ortigas, Pasig City
- Tune Hotel Quezon City
- Tune Hotel 607 Swanston St. Melbourne
- Tune Hotel Darwin (2015)
- Tune Hotel Perth (2015)
- Tune Hotel Sydney (2015)
- Ahmedabad – Q1 2013
Tune hotels would like to open hotels in: Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Laos, New Zealand, Singapore and South Korea primarily destination where Air Asia and Air Asia X Flies.
- "Budget airline boss opens door for Asian no-frills hotels". Retrieved 5 January 2009.
- "TUNE HOTELS TO ADD 1,023 ROOMS UNDER COLLABORATION WITH RED PLANET HOTELS". Retrieved 12 June 2011.
- "Business As Usual For Tune Hotels.com in 2009". Retrieved 5 January 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tune Hotels.|
- Tune Hotels official website
- Tune Travels official website
- Independent Review on Tune Hotels Kuala Lumpur
- HotelChatter Review: Tune Hotels In-Tune With No-Frills
- Guest Reviews on TripAdvisor for Tune Hotels.com-Downtown KL
- Guest Reviews on TripAdvisor for Tune Hotels.com-Waterfront Kuching
- Guest Reviews on TripAdvisor for Tune Hotels.com-1Borneo