Tunku 'Abidin Muhriz
|Tunku Zain Al-'Abidin
ibni Tuanku Muhriz
|Father||Tuanku Muhriz ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Munawir|
|Mother||Tuanku Aishah Rohani Tengku Besar Mahmud|
6 July 1982 |
University Hospital, Petaling Jaya
|Negeri Sembilan Royal Family|
Yang Amat Mulia Tunku Zain Al-'Abidin ibni Tuanku Muhriz (born 6 July 1982), more popularly known as Tunku 'Abidin Muhriz, is the second son of the reigning Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan in Malaysia, Tuanku Muhriz ibni Almarhum Tuanku Munawir. He is the Founding President of the Institute for Democracy and Economic Affairs (IDEAS), Malaysia.
Tunku Zain Al-'Abidin was born on 6 July 1982 at University Hospital, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, as second son and child of Tuanku Muhriz ibni Almarhum Tuanku Munawir (now the reigning Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan) and Tuanku Aishah Rohani.
His siblings are :
- Tunku Ali Redhauddin Muhriz, Tunku Besar Seri Menanti (born 26 April 1977)
- Tunku Alif Hussein Saifuddin Al-Amin (born 3 September 1984)
He was educated at :
- Alice Smith School, Kuala Lumpur
- Marlborough College, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
- London School of Economics and Political Science, where he obtained his BSc in Government and Sociology and MSc in Comparative Politics and Imperial History.
In conjunction with his father's Installation Ceremony he wrote a book about the state's history and customs, and began a major project to revitalise the State Anthem, Berkatlah Yang di-Pertuan Besar Negeri Sembilan, working with the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra, which was officially launched on 26 October 2010.
He is a Trustee of Yayasan Munarah, Yayasan Chow Kit and the Jeffrey Cheah Foundation, and advisor to Institute for Pioneering of Education and Economic Excellence (INSPIRE) and is an Honorary Major in the Malaysian Territorial Army. In his various roles he has been interviewed for numerous television programmes, magazines and newspaper features.
He has authored four books to date:
- Payung Berdaulat Warisan Beradat (2009). Istana Negeri Sembilan
- Abiding Times (2011). Marshall Cavendish.
- Abiding Times 2 (2012). Marshall Cavendish
- Roaming Beyond the Fence (2013). Editions Didier Millet
Titles, styles, honours and arms
|Monarchical styles of
Tuanku Zain al'Abidin
|Reference style||Yang Amat Mulia|
|Spoken style||Yang Amat Mulia|
Titles and styles
- 6 July 1982 – 29 December 2008: Yang Mulia Tunku Zain Al-'Abidin bin Tunku Muhriz
- 29 December 2008 – present: Yang Amat Mulia Tunku Zain Al-'Abidin ibni Tuanku Muhriz
He has been awarded :
- The Royal Ark, Jelebu genealogical details p.2
- "Royal Ark - Negri Sembilan - The Pagarruyung Dynasty".
- "Prince fine-tunes Negri Sembilan anthem".
- "Board Members".
- "Abiding Times – an insight into the minds of Malaysia’s thinking youth". Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- The Royal Ark, Negeri Sembilan genealogical details, p.7
- "Maharum Bugis Syah" blog, Article in Malay with photo : Ali & Zain al-'Abidin receiving DKYR
Tunku Ali Redhauddin Muhriz
|Line of succession to the throne of Negeri Sembilan
Tunku Alif Hussein Saifuddin Al-Amin