Turkey Run Wildlife Management Area
|Turkey Run Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
Crappie (Pomoxis nigromaculatus) may be found at the Turkey Run WMA
|Elevation||584 ft (178 m) |
|Area||27 acres (10.9 ha) |
|Management||Wildlife Resources Section, WV Division of Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||Ravenswood, West Virginia|
Turkey Run Wildlife Management Area, is located immediately north of Ravenswood, West Virginia in Jackson County. Turkey Run WMA is located on 27 acres (11 ha), consisting of a fishing lake and some small wooded hills around the lake.
The WMA is accessed from State Route 68 on the north side of Ravenswood.
Hunting and Fishing
Hunting opportunities are very limited by the small size of the WMA and the nearby housing.
Camping is not available at the WMA.
- Acme Mapper 2.0, Turkey Run WMA, retrieved January 25, 2009
- "Turkey Run WMA page". West Virginia DNR website. WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved January 25, 2009.
- West Virginia DNR District 6 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations