Turkish Historical Society
|Turkish Historical Society|
|President||Mehmet Metin Hülagü|
The Turkish Historical Society also known as Turkish Historical Association or Turkish History Foundation (Turkish: Türk Tarih Kurumu, TTK) is a research society studying the history of Turkey and the Turkish people, founded in 1931 by the initiative of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, with headquarters in Ankara, Turkey.
The institute releases a regular bulletin called Belleten.
Its most recent president was Yusuf Halaçoğlu, who was dismissed on July 2008. It is speculated that the decision reflects the government's desire for rapprochement with Armenia. Shortly before the decision, foreign minister Ali Babacan greeted Armen Martirosyan, Armenia's ambassador to the United Nations, in a reception related to Turkey's temporary accession the UN Security Council. Before that, president Serzh Sargsyan had invited his Turkish counterpart, Abdullah Gül, to a World Cup qualifying game between the two countries' national soccer teams.
Presidents by the following years:
Tevfik Bıyıklıoğlu (1931-1932)
Prof. Dr. Yusuf Akçura (1932-1935)
Hasan Cemil Çambel (1935-1941)
Ord. Prof. Dr. Şemsettin Günaltay (1941-1961)
Ord. Prof. Dr. Şevket Aziz Kansu (1962-1973)
Ord. Prof. Dr. Enver Ziya Karal (1973-1982)
Ord. Prof. Dr. Sedat Alp (1982-1983)
Prof. Dr. Yaşar Yücel (1983-1992)
Prof. Dr. Neşet Çağatay (vekil) (1992-1993)
Prof. Dr. İbrahim Agah Çubukçu (vekil) (1993)
Prof. Dr. Yusuf Halaçoğlu (1993-2008)
Prof. Dr. Ali Birinci (2008-2011)
Prof. Dr. Bahaeddin Yediyıldız (vekil) (2011-2012)
Prof. Dr. Mehmet Metin Hülagü (2012-)
- "Short History of the Turkish Historical Society". Turkish Historical Society. Retrieved 2008-07-25.
- "Presidents" (in Turkish). Turkish Historical Society. Retrieved 2008-07-25.
- Özerkan, Fulya (2008-07-24). "Controversial historian dismissed from office". Turkish Daily News. Retrieved 2008-07-25.
- Demirci, Mehmet (2008-07-24). "Armenian envoy attends Turkish reception at UN". Zaman. Retrieved 2008-07-25.[dead link]
- "TTK Başkanı: Tarihten başka heyecanım yok". Anadolu Agency (in Turkish) (Radikal). 2008-08-04. Retrieved 2008-08-04.
- "Ali Birinci new TTK president". Zaman. 2008-08-02. Retrieved 2008-08-04.[dead link]
|This article about an education organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation in Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Turkish history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|