|Hubs||Ashgabat International Airport|
|Secondary hubs||Turkmenabat Airport|
|Focus cities||Turkmenbashi Airport|
|Company slogan||Symbol of hospitality|
|Parent company||Government of Turkmenistan|
|Key people||Merdan Ayazov (CEO) |
Turkmenistan Airlines (Turkmen: Türkmenhowaýollary) is the flag carrier airline of Turkmenistan, headquartered in Ashgabat. The airline connects its home base of Ashgabat with destinations in Russia, Europe and Asia. All its international flights are operated by Western-trained pilots using two-class configuration Boeing aircraft. In 2012, the airline carried 57,500 passengers to 15 international destinations and 90,000 passengers on domestic routes per month (apx. 1.77 million passengers per year).
Turkmenistan Airlines was founded in 1992.
In April 1993, Turkmenistan became a full member of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
Since 2001, the airline has been phasing out its aging Soviet-era fleet to make way for a modern fleet of Boeing 717's, which are extensively used for service on domestic routes. They purchased seven 717 series aircraft to perform flights in Turkmenistan. The first of these aircraft was presented at the MAKS air show in 2001.
In May 2009, the airline opened a new, modern Lachin hotel in Ashgabat for transit Turkmenistan Airlines passengers. The hotel is designed for 200 guests. The building is located in the Avenue of Neutrality, which connects the city center to the Ashgabat Airport.
July 1, 2011 began to operate Electronic ticket on all flights. Booking flights can be carried out in the standard way, but the information about air travel began to given out in the form of a passenger itinerary receipt.
In 2012, the airline began printing the full-colour magazine "Lachin". This was the first in flight product in Turkmenistan. The magazine is also distributed in the halls for official delegations and VIP-zones of airports in Turkmenistan.
In March 2013 a new ticket sales centre was opened by the airline. The three-story building located in the southern part of Ashgabat at 61 Atatürk Street. The building houses 30 sales offices; 17 for domestic flights and 13 for international routes.
In August 2013 a regular passenger flight to Lviv was started. In October of the same year, flights to Donetsk and Riga were started. Finally in December that year, a flight to Paris was started.
As of August 2013 the airline operates its own passenger and cargo flights from Ashgabat (International Airport of Saparmurat Turkmenbashi the Great) and Turkmenbashi (Turkmenbashi International Airport) in 11 countries around the world, commercial planting carried out in 21 destinations, 15 of them abroad: 4 in Europe, two in the Middle East, 5 in Asia, 5 in the CIS and 6 points in Turkmenistan.
The Turkmenistan Airlines fleet consists of the following aircraft As of September 2013 passenger fleet of 23 aircraft, created by the American aircraft manufacturer Boeing, and is represented by six types of civil aircraft: Boeing 717-200, Boeing 737-300, Boeing 737-700, Boeing 737-800, Boeing 757-200 and Boeing 777-200LR. As part of several airline transport aircraft IL-76, providing freight and helicopters manufactured by Sikorsky Aircraft and Aérospatiale. Planes in the modern coloring are labeled "Turkmenistan" on the left and right sides of the fuselage.
|Boeing 777-200LR||1||0||VIP (EZ-A777)|
April 29, 2009 in Ashgabat flew the new aircraft Boeing 737-700. On 2 September 2009, Boeing announced that Turkmenistan Airlines had confirmed an order for 3 Boeing 737-700 aircraft worth $192 million. Autumn airline supplemented by three airliners of Boeing.
On May 8, 2013, a Boeing 737-800 was delivered to Turkmenistan Airlines, arriving in Ashgabat, on June 3, 2013 a fourth Boeing 737-800 arrived., and on December 18, 2013 a fifth Boeing 737-800 arrived.
Previously used aircraft
- http://www.turkmenistan.ru/en/articles/14557.html Merdan Ayazov appointed head of Turkmen airlines
- "Directory: World Airlines." Flight International. 30 March-5 April 2004. .
- Turkmenistan Airlines information (founded, fleet, etc.)
- «ТУРКМЕНСКИЕ АВИАЛИНИИ» ПОЛУЧИЛИ ЕЩЕ ОДИН «БОИНГ»
- Небесные «грузовики» отмечают юбилей
- 14.08.01 10:33 ТУРКМЕНИЯ ОТПРАВИЛА НА МЕЖДУНАРОДНЫЙ АВИАСАЛОН «МАКС-2001» ТОЛЬКО ЧТО ПРИОБРЕТЕННЫЙ «БОИНГ-717»
- В Ашхабаде открыт отель для транзитных авиапассажиров
- About company
- Turkmenistan airlines to introduce e-tickets from July 1
- Electronic ticket
- «Туркменские авиалинии» внедрят электронную систему продажи билетов
- Turkmenistan at the flight altitude: new magazine for air passengers
- В Ашхабаде будет открыто современное агентство по продаже авиабилетов
- «Туркменские авиалинии» открыли рейс в город Львов
- «Туркменховаёллары» берет курс на Донецк
- New Airlines Open Flights in the Winter Season
- «Туркменские авиалинии» открывают регулярный рейс в Париж
- Turkmenistan Airlines official fleet page. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- Turkmenistan Airlines Fleet. CH-Aviation
- Turkmenistan Airlines orders. Boeing.
- Turkmenistan Airlines confirms 3x Boeing 737-700 order
- Национальный авиапарк пополнился новым современным авиалайнером
- EZ-A015 Turkmenistan Airlines Boeing 737-82K(WL)
- Воздушный парк гражданской авиации Туркменистана пополнил новый пассажирский «Боинг-737-800»
- Гражданская авиация Туркменистана пополняется новыми «Боингами»
- Новый «Боинг» с эмблемой туркменского «лачина»
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Turkmenistan Airlines.|