|This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (September 2013)|
|Hubs||Ashgabat International Airport|
|Secondary hubs||Turkmenabat Airport|
|Focus cities||Turkmenbashi Airport|
|Company slogan||Symbol of hospitality|
|Parent company||Government of Turkmenistan|
|Key people||Merdan Ayazov (CEO) |
Turkmenistan Airlines (Turkmen: Türkmenhowaýollary) is the flag carrier airline of Turkmenistan, headquartered in Ashgabat. The airline connects its home base of Ashgabat with destinations in Russia, Europe and Asia. All its international flights are operated by Western-trained pilots using two-class configuration Boeing aircraft. In 2012, the airline carried 57.5 thousand passengers to 15 international destinations and 90 thousand passengers on domestic routes per month. This translates into 1.77 million passengers per year. 
Turkmenistan Airlines was founded in 1992.
In April 1993, Turkmenistan became a full member of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
Since 2001, the airline has been phasing out its aging Soviet-era fleet to make way for a modern fleet of Boeing 717's, which are extensively used for service on domestic routes. Was purchased seven 717 series aircraft to perform flights on Turkmenistan. The first of these aircraft was presented at airshow MAKS-2001.
In May 2009, in Ashgabat opened a new modern hotel Lachin for transit Turkmenistan Airlines passengers, which is designed for 200 seats. The building is located in the Avenue of Neutrality, which connects the city center to the Ashgabat Airport.
July 1, 2011 began to operate Electronic ticket on all flights. Booking flights be carried out in a standard way, but the information about air travel began to give out in the form of passenger itinerary receipt.
In 2012, the airline began printing full-color magazine "Lachin", is was the first product format «in flight» in Turkmenistan. The magazine is distributed to the board in the halls for official delegations, VIP-zones of airports in Turkmenistan.
In March 2013 opened a new ticket sales center. The three-story building located in the southern part of Ashgabat in Atatürk street 61. The building housed 30 sales offices: 17 - on domestic flights and 13 - on international routes.
As of August 2013 the airline operates its own passenger and cargo flights from Ashgabat (International Airport of Saparmurat Turkmenbashi the Great) and Turkmenbashi (Turkmenbashi International Airport) in 11 countries around the world, commercial planting carried out in 21 destinations, 15 of them abroad: 4 in Europe, two in the Middle East, 5 in Asia, 5 in the CIS and 6 points in Turkmenistan.
The Turkmenistan Airlines fleet consists of the following aircraft As of September 2013 passenger fleet of 23 aircraft, created by the American aircraft manufacturer Boeing, and is represented by six types of civil aircraft: Boeing 717-200, Boeing 737-300, Boeing 737-700, Boeing 737-800, Boeing 757-200 and Boeing 777-200LR. As part of several airline transport aircraft IL-76, providing freight and helicopters manufactured by Sikorsky Aircraft and Aérospatiale. Planes in the modern coloring are labeled "Turkmenistan" on the left and right sides of the fuselage.
|Boeing 777-200LR||1||2||VIP (EZ-A777)||Currently at Delta Air Lines TOC at ATL|
April 29, 2009 in Ashgabat flew the new aircraft Boeing 737-700. On 2 September 2009, Boeing announced that Turkmenistan Airlines had confirmed an order for 3 Boeing 737-700 aircraft worth $192 million. Autumn airline supplemented by three airliners of Boeing.
All 7 Boeing 717-200 were sent to Marana (Arizona, USA) in 2012 for a complete overhaul. From Ashgabad the planes were flown to Marana (Arizona, USA) via Birmingham, Reykjavik-Keflavik (Iceland), Goose Bay (Newfoundland) and Dayton. According to spotters in Birmingham and Goose Bay seats had been taken out. The planes were back in service by the Summer of 2013.
Previously used aircraft
- http://www.turkmenistan.ru/en/articles/14557.html Merdan Ayazov appointed head of Turkmen airlines
- "Directory: World Airlines." Flight International. 30 March-5 April 2004. .
- Turkmenistan Airlines information (founded, fleet, etc.)
- «ТУРКМЕНСКИЕ АВИАЛИНИИ» ПОЛУЧИЛИ ЕЩЕ ОДИН «БОИНГ»
- Небесные «грузовики» отмечают юбилей
- 14.08.01 10:33 ТУРКМЕНИЯ ОТПРАВИЛА НА МЕЖДУНАРОДНЫЙ АВИАСАЛОН «МАКС-2001» ТОЛЬКО ЧТО ПРИОБРЕТЕННЫЙ «БОИНГ-717»
- В Ашхабаде открыт отель для транзитных авиапассажиров
- About company
- Turkmenistan airlines to introduce e-tickets from July 1
- Electronic ticket
- «Туркменские авиалинии» внедрят электронную систему продажи билетов
- Turkmenistan at the flight altitude: new magazine for air passengers
- В Ашхабаде будет открыто современное агентство по продаже авиабилетов
- «Туркменские авиалинии» открыли рейс в город Львов
- «Туркменховаёллары» берет курс на Донецк
- New Airlines Open Flights in the Winter Season
- «Туркменские авиалинии» открывают регулярный рейс в Париж
- Turkmenistan Airlines official fleet page. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- Turkmenistan Airlines Fleet. CH-Aviation
- Turkmenistan Airlines orders. Boeing.
- Turkmenistan Airlines confirms 3x Boeing 737-700 order
- Национальный авиапарк пополнился новым современным авиалайнером
- EZ-A015 Turkmenistan Airlines Boeing 737-82K(WL)
- Воздушный парк гражданской авиации Туркменистана пополнил новый пассажирский «Боинг-737-800»
- Гражданская авиация Туркменистана пополняется новыми «Боингами»
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Turkmenistan Airlines.|