Turks in New Zealand
plus a further 1,600 Turkish Cypriots
|Regions with significant populations|
|Wellington · Dunedin · Christchurch · Auckland|
|New Zealand English, Turkish|
Turks in New Zealand refers to Turkish people living in New Zealand. Although a small community, Turks are the most visible middle eastern community residing in the New Zealand. Many operate their own businesses specialising in tradition Turkish food, such as kebab, baklava, and Turkish delight.
According to New Zealand census figures, the number of residents born in Turkey is steadily increasing (note that these figures do not include New Zealand-born Turks):
|(Source: New Zealand Census) |
- Pearl of the Islands. "How many Turks living in New Zealand?". Retrieved 2008-10-29.
- Star Kıbrıs. "'Sözünüzü Tutun'". Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- The Encyclopedia of New Zealand. "Other Middle Eastern peoples:The Turks and others". Retrieved 2009-01-15.
- The Encyclopedia of New Zealand. "Facts and figures By Country Of Birth". Retrieved 2009-01-15.
- Pearl of the Islands Foundation, a Turkish cultural foundation in New Zealand