|Origin||Charleston, West Virginia|
|Genres||Folk, Rock, Disco, Funk, Rhythm & Blues,|
|Labels||Fraternity Records, MGM Records, 20th Century Fox, Columbia Records, Warner Bros. Records, Silba, Epic, Atlantic Records, Vitag Records, Kiongazi Music|
|Associated acts||The Greg Foresman Band|
Turley Richards (born Richard Turley June 12, 1941 in Charleston, West Virginia) is an American singer and guitarist.
Richards was blinded in the left eye at the age of four in an archery accident, and lost sight in the right eye as well some years later. He first began playing in a group called The Five Pearls while still a teen in the 1950s. His first appearance on record was a single titled "All About Ann", released on Cincinnati, Ohio label Fraternity Records.
He moved to Los Angeles with an ensemble in the early 1960s, but his band failed and he returned to West Virginia. Later in the 1960s he moved to New York. He played the uptown East Side local Bar's (Malachy's II) (72nd & Lexington) and eventually found success in New York. He released his debut album on Warner Bros. Records in 1970. He scored two minor hit singles in the US in the early 1970s. Further releases followed later in the decade, as did a third hit in 1980.
On September 1, 2011 Turley Richards Said "My! the world is crazy. I just found out this week that Richard Turley (my given name before changing it) on Fraternity Records in 1959 song 'Making Love With My Baby' has put me in the Rockabilly Hall of fame. I'm so flattered."
- (1959) - All About Ann / Making' Love with My Baby (single) (Fraternity Records)
- (1959) - I Wanna Dance / Since I Met You (single) (Fraternity Records)
- (1964) - Since You Been Gone / What’s Your Name (single) (MGM Records)
- (1965) - The Many Souls Of Turley Richards (20th Century Fox)
- (1966) - Crazy Arms / I Just Can't Take It Any Longer (single) (Columbia Records)
- (1966) - I Feel Alright/I Can't Get Back Home To My Baby (single) (Columbia Records)
- (1970) - Turley Richards (Warner Bros. Records)
- (1971) - Expressions (Warner Bros. Records)
- (1972) - From Darkness To Light (Silba) - Solo Concert, Rare Release
- (1973) - Because I Am (Clearlight Productions) - featuring one song
- (1976) - West Virginia Superstar (Epic)
- (1978) - Under The Boardwalk (single) (Epic)
- (1980) - Therfu (Atlantic)
- (1984) - Skin Fever (single) (Vitag Records)
- (2007) - A Matter Of Faith (Kiongazi Music)
- (2007) - Back to My Roots (Kiongazi Music)
- (2008) - Blindsighted (Kiongazi Music)
- "I Heard the Voice of Jesus" (1970) US #99
- "Love Minus Zero/No Limit" (1970) US #84
- "Child of Mine" (1970) WB 7443
- "You Might Need Somebody" (1980) US #54
- Billboard Singles, Allmusic.com, passim.