Turley Wine Cellars
|Turley Wine Cellars|
|Location||Templeton, California, USA|
|Key people||Larry Turley, founder|
Turley Wine Cellars is a popular California wine producer with wineries in both Templeton (Southern Cal-Paso Robles wine region) and St. Helena (Northern Cal-Napa Valley wine region). Turley wines are often recognized as "making some of the best, if not the best Zinfandel in California for decades." Becoming a recipient of the winery's private wine club can take up to two years.
In 1993, Turley Wine Cellars was founded by Larry Turley, brother of the well-known consulting winemaker Helen Turley. Turley, had entered the wine business in 1981 as co-founder of the multi-varietal Frog's Leap Winery, but soon realized that his interest lay in wines made from the Zinfandel grape. Starting out with just one location in St. Helena, Turley Wine Cellars soon expanded to Templeton with the purchase of the historic Pesenti winery, where Zinfandel had been planted since 1923.
By 2011, Turley Wine Cellars is annually producing approximately 16,000 cases of award winning Zinfandel and Petite Sirah wines using multiple "small" vineyards located in Napa and Sonoma counties, and other Paso Robles locations.
- California Producers. "Turley Wine Cellars". Vinfolio, Inc.
- Snogg, Daniel. "The Zin Masters: Turley". Wine Spectator.
- Alex, Allison. "Wine touring in Paso Robles (part 2 of 3)". Eat Love Drink.
- Fish, Tim. "The Snotty Young Punk of Zintown". Wine Spectator.
- Blog. "Old Vines and New Friends at Turley Wine Cellars". Epicurean @ Attitude.
- Epicureans. "Old Vines and New Friends". Epicurean At Attitude Blog.
- Daniel Sogg (2004-05-24). "The Zin Masters: Turley". Wine Spectator (Wine Spectator).
- Carol Ness (2007-07-13). publisher=Hearst Communications Inc. "Brother Act: The other Turley wines". San Francisco Chronicle.
- ALL about Asia Dining. "Amazing Zin from Old California". Dining News Asia.