Turn It Up (Pixie Lott song)
|"Turn It Up"|
|Single by Pixie Lott|
|from the album Turn It Up|
|Released||7 June 2010|
|Writer(s)||Pixie Lott, Ruth-Anne Cunningham, Jonas Jeberg, Mich Hansen|
|Producer(s)||Jonas Jeberg, Cutfather|
|Pixie Lott singles chronology|
"Turn It Up" is a song by English recording artist Pixie Lott from her debut album, Turn It Up. Written by Lott, Ruth-Anne Cunningham, Jonas Jeberg and Mich Hansen, the track was released as the album's fifth single on 7 June 2010. The song was given a new remix for the single version, adding echo effects and a "brasher" overdub. Lott performed the song on the third semi-final of the fourth series of Britain's Got Talent on 2 June 2010.
Nick Levine of Digital Spy wrote: "While Danish duo Cutfather & Joe supply a suitably synthy pop-R&B backdrop—complete with singalong chorus—Lott gets down to the nitty-gritty of splitting up. 'I know you can't stay, so I won't be waiting, anticipating for the fall,' she sings, before trotting out that old chestnut about time being a healer. It's a terribly mature approach from one so young, but what else would you expect from a 19-year-old who already has a platinum album, a fashion line and a US film role to her name?" Fraser McAlpine of the BBC Chart Blog called the song "a perfectly good album track, notable only because at no point in the presentation does Pixie stop singing", but commented that "as a fifth single from an already-successful breakthrough album, it's pointless, and worse, might even allow chart-statisticians such as myself the chance to put together a compelling argument that she's failing, when she could be off recording some new, different, amazing songs and preparing to kill us all with brilliance."
The video is literal of the song's lyrics; it features Lott walking the back streets of Los Angeles whilst singing, before cutting to several different scenes on rooftops of Lott singing and dancing during sunrise and sunset. The theme of the song is how two lovers are trying to hold their relationship together, but it just isn't working. After the frustration of it, they decide to end the drama and break up, wishing the best to one another and keeping good memories of their times together.
Lott promoted the song in several live performances, such as on the Main Stage of the Radio 1's Big Weekend in Bangor, Wales on 23 May 2010, the third semi-final of the fourth series of Britain's Got Talent on 2 June 2010, T4's Hollyoaks Music Show on 12 June 2010, the T4 on the Beach concert in Weston-super-Mare on 4 July 2010 and the Children in Need 2010 charity concert on 19 November 2010.
- UK iTunes remix single
- "Turn It Up" (Digital Dog Radio Edit) – 2:59
- "Turn It Up" (Dee-Lux Club Remix Edit) – 2:56
- Pixie Lott – vocals
- Tom Coyne – mastering
- Cutfather – producer, percussion
- Jonas Jeberg – producer, instrumentation
- Carlos Oyanedel – additional mixing
- Phil Tan – mixing
|European Hot 100 Singles||40|
|Irish Singles Chart||20|
|Scottish Singles Chart||9|
|UK Singles Chart||11|
- Levine, Nick. "Pixie Lott: 'Turn It Up'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 10 June 2010.
- McAlpine, Fraser (1 June 2010). "Pixie Lott – 'Turn It Up'". BBC Chart Blog. BBC Online. Retrieved 10 June 2010.
- "Lights, camera, action! Slinky Pixie Lott wows LA as she films new video clip in tiny black dress". Daily Mail. Mail Online. 17 April 2010. Retrieved 20 April 2010.
- "Pixie Lott – Turn It Up video". The Daily Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group Limited. 6 May 2010. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- "'Turn It Up' Video' first exclusive showing". pixielott.com. 6 May 2010. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- "Radio 1's Big Weekend 2010 – Pixie Lott". BBC Radio 1. BBC Online. Retrieved 29 August 2010.
- "Pixie Lott – Turn It Up – Britain's Got Talent LIVE 2010". YouTube. 2 June 2010. Retrieved 2 August 2010.
- "Pixie Lott – Turn It Up (Live on the Hollyoaks Music Show)". YouTube. 13 June 2010. Retrieved 2 August 2010.
- "Pixie Lott – Turn It Up – T4 On The Beach 2010". YouTube. 4 July 2010. Retrieved 2 August 2010.
- "Turn It Up (Remix Bundle) – Single by Pixie Lott". iTunes Store UK. Apple Inc. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- "Pixie Lott Album & Song Chart History – European Hot 100". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- "Top 50 Singles, Week Ending 10 June 2010". Irish Recorded Music Association. Chart-Track. Retrieved 7 October 2010.
- "Top 40 Scottish Singles Archive". The Official Charts Company. 19 June 2010. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- "Pixie Lott – Turn It Up". The Official Charts Company. Chart Stats. Archived from the original on 21 Jul 2012. Retrieved 26 May 2010.