Turtle Creek Township, Shelby County, Ohio
|Turtle Creek Township, Shelby County, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|• Total||30.3 sq mi (78.4 km2)|
|• Land||30.3 sq mi (78.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,004 ft (306 m)|
|• Density||52.3/sq mi (20.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086969|
Located in the central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Van Buren Township - north
- Franklin Township - northeast
- Clinton Township - southeast
- Washington Township - south
- Cynthian Township - southwest
- McLean Township - northwest
Name and history 
It is the only Turtle Creek Township statewide, although there is a Turtlecreek Township in Warren County.
The first village in Shelby County Ohio was Hardin (named after Colonel John Hardin), which was platted October 5, 1816; after the county was organized in 1819, it became the seat of justice and the first Court of Common Pleas, and session of the County Commissioners was held there. In 1820 the county seat was established at Sidney. The Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, and Indianapolis Railroad established one mile south of the village a railroad crossing called "Hardin Station".
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Shelby County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Sutton, R. "History of Shelby County Ohio", pp.270-271.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.