Tuscaloosa County High School
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2013)|
|Tuscaloosa County High School|
|12500 Wildcat Drive
Northport, Alabama, United States
|School district||Tuscaloosa County School System|
|Principal||Mr. Mark Franks|
|Number of students||1641|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue & White|
Tuscaloosa County High School serves grades 9-12 and is located in Northport, Alabama, forming part of the Tuscaloosa County Schools. Tuscaloosa County High was opened near downtown Northport in the 1920s, and around the year 2000 was moved to its current location, further north of Northport.
Tuscaloosa County High competes in the Alabama High School Athletic Association, under class 6A region 5. The school's athletic squads are nicknamed the Wildcats. The football team won the 6A State Championship in 1997. Their most prominent alumnus is Le'Ron McClain, who played football for County High, then went on to play for Alabama and the Baltimore Ravens.
- Lurleen Wallace, Alabama's first and only female Governor.
- Le'Ron McClain, NFL Football Player
- Lillie Leatherwood, Olympic Gold Medalist
- Gregory F. Rayburn, class of 1976, CEO of Hostess Brands
- Frank Lary, Former MLB player (Detroit Tigers, Milwaukee Braves, New York Mets, Chicago White Sox)
- Tuscaloosa County High School (historical) for 1926-1999