|— Municipality and Town —|
|• Mayor||Bajro Gegić|
|• Municipality||742 km2 (286 sq mi)|
|Population (2011 census)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Area code||+381 20|
Tutin (Serbian: Тутин) is a town and municipality in the Raška region of Serbia. According to a 2011 census, the municipality of Tutin has a population of 30,770 people. It is the first municipality in Serbia that has renewable wind power.
Former name of Tutin was Donja Dmitrova. At first, it was only a caravan station, while in the beginning of the 19th century it became a settlement with guardian tower and a mosque. In 1831, army of Bosnian Husein-beg Gradaščević was stationed in it. Name Tutin firstly appeared in 1868 in work of English travelers. According to that work, Tutin had only 7 houses of which 6 belonged to Bosniak family Hamzagić and one was Serb. Until 1912, Tutin was small settlement with 20 houses. In the 20th century, settlement has greatly developed: public buildings, health station, school and shops were built.
|This article is outdated. (November 2011)|
In 1991, the population of the municipality was composed of:
In 2002, the population of the municipality was composed of:
Note: Most of those who in 1991 census declared themselves as Muslims by nationality, in the next census in 2002 declared themselves as Bosniaks, while the smaller number of them still declare themselves as Muslims by nationality.
- Mensur Suljović, (born 1972.), darts player
- Saffet Sancaklı.(born 1966.), Turkish footballer
- Rifat Zilkić,athletics
- "Municipalities of Serbia, 2006". Statistical Office of Serbia. Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- "2011 Census of Population, Households and Dwellings in The Republic of Serbia: Ethnicity - Data by municipalities and cities". Statistical Office of Republic Of Serbia, Belgrade. 2012. ISBN 978-86-6161-023-3. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- "Biz - Vesti - Prva srpska vetrenjača u Tutinu". B92. Retrieved 2012-01-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Tutin|
|This Raška District, Serbia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|