Tuxedo (Metro-North station)
The station building, originally constructed in 1885.
|Address||240 Route 17
|Connections||Short Line Bus: 17M/MD|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Station code||2511 (Erie Railroad)|
Tuxedo Park Railroad Station
|Location||NY 17, Tuxedo, New York|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Architectural style||Late Victorian|
|NRHP Reference #||00001529|
|Added to NRHP||December 13, 2000|
The Tuxedo Metro-North station serves the residents of that community and the gated village of Tuxedo Park, New York. Trains leave the station on the Port Jervis Line for Hoboken, 37 miles (59.5 km) away; travel time to that destination is approximately an hour. It is located along the Orange Turnpike segment of NY 17 almost directly across from the main entrance to Tuxedo Park.
|1||■Port Jervis Line||for Port Jervis|
|■Port Jervis Line||for Hoboken|
Tuxedo is the only stop along the line that retains the old station at the current station site. It was built in 1885 as one of the original Tuxedo Park buildings, and was listed as Tuxedo Park Railroad Station on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000. The town of Tuxedo currently owns it, and has restored it to its original beauty. The station contains a waiting room and a community room often used by the Boy/Girl Scouts and other Tuxedo Clubs and organizations.
In 2009 the town spent $1 million to restore the building itself to what historians believe was its original appearance. The train station currently displays artwork by long-time Tuxedo Park resident and artist Robert Bero (now deceased). The pieces, a gift from the estate of the late artist, include woodcuts, etchings and drawings.
- "List of Station Names and Numbers". Jersey City, New Jersey: Erie Railroad. May 1, 1916. Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- King, Matt (May 26, 2009). "Town applauds restoration of Tuxedo station". Times-Herald Record (Ottaway Community Newspapers). Retrieved May 29, 2009.
- Media related to Tuxedo (Metro-North station) at Wikimedia Commons
- DepartureVision real time train information for Tuxedo
- Main Line/Bergen County Line/Port Jervis Line schedule
- Station House from Google Maps Street View