|Twanna A. Hines|
Twanna A. Hines performing in New York City
|Born||Twanna Angela Hines
|Pen name||Funky Brown Chick|
|Education||Master of Science|
Twanna A. Hines (born 1975) is an American writer, internet personality, and sex educator who also discusses human sexuality and relationships on her website Funky Brown Chick. She appears on television, film, and radio programs including Spark (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), Maximum Radio (Sirius Satellite Radio), and NPR. She was a sex columnist for Nerve, and is currently a syndicated sex columnist for Metro International.
Hines attended the Illinois State University, where she received a Bachelor of Science in Sociology, and Florida State University, where she received her Master of Science and she also completed post-graduate education at Universiteit van Amsterdam and New York University.
- 'Six-Word Memoirs on Love and Heartbreak: by Writers Famous and Obscure', New York Times Best Seller, Harper Perennial, 2009, ISBN 978-0061714627
- 'On purpose: Rhetorical Analysis of Non-fiction', Gyldendal Uddannelse, 2009, ISBN 978-8702064865
- 'Migration and Immigration: A Global View, A World View of Social Issues', Greenwood Press, 2004, ISBN 978-0313330445
- Hines, Twanna A. (October 30, 2011). "Sex education in school saves lives". "The Journal News".
- Hines, Twanna A. (December 10, 2010) 4 Tips to Spice Up Your Sex Life "BlogHer"
- Hines, Twanna A. (July 13, 2010) Interview: Jillian Lauren, author of Some Girls: My Life in a Harem "SMITH" magazine.
- Hines, Twanna A. (2010, 5 May) Sex Bombs and Legalized Prostitution in Times Square "The Huffington Post".
- Hines, Twanna A. and Moodie, Desiree (January 26, 2010) Do You Like To Have Sex During Your Period? "The Frisky"
- Hines, Twanna A. (December 31, 2008) I'm a Writer, Not a Child Pornographer "The Huffington Post".
- Hines, Twanna A. (November 6, 2008) Jean-Claude Van Damme Gets "Raw" in JCVD "The Huffington Post".
- Hines, Twanna A. (October 30, 2008). "Take My Vibrator, Please!". "New York Press".
- Hines, Twanna A. (October 24, 2008) Political Sex Scandals: Obama, McCain & Palin "The Huffington Post".
- Hines, Twanna A. (September 11, 2008) Top 5 Online Dating Site Trends "Mashable".
- Hines, Twanna A. (August 19, 2008) Freakonomics: Interracial Sex Makes Us More Beautiful "The Huffington Post".
- Hines, Twanna A. (February 13, 2008). "Is Facebook Helping or Hurting Your Love Life?". "Fast Company" magazine.
- Hines, Twanna A.. "Don't Call Your Ex". "Lifetime".
- Hines, Twanna A.. "How to Find a Sex Therapist and Your Orgasm". "The Stir".
- In the Flesh Erotic Reading Series Happy Ending Lounge, January 29, 2008.
- Let me In You Narrative Whore 92Y Tribeca, October 4, 2012
- Meet New York's Sex Bloggers Village Voice, January 21, 2009.
- funkybrownchick funkybrownchick Bloggy Award, February 3, 2008.
- Women Making Moves October 12, 2008.
- It Gets Better NYC Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Center, January 4, 2011.
- Orgasm: O Yes! GASM TV, sex expert.
- Funky Brown Chick Clutch magazine, November 1, 2008.
- New York v. sex life: NYC transplants weigh in on how the city has changed their shtupping. Time Out New York, September 30, 2008.
- Dating and Sex Bloggers Pick the Best Cities for Dating Condé Nast Traveler.
- Black women, sex toys and pleasure parties: African-American women take pleasure into their own hands NBC, The Griot,. June 18, 2012.
- Date Night WinesWine Library TV, Episode No. 451. August 24, 2008
- My First Toy FourPlay TV
- Is Foursquare the next Twitter? CNN, April 5, 2009.
- Sex in the world : PHOTOS : A la recherche du plaisierParis Première, 2009, documentary film
-  Bidelogy, 2011, documentary filmography.
- Cityscape with George Bodarky WFUV.
- Spark with Nora Young, Episode 91 CBC Radio, November 15, 2009.
- Spark with Nora Young, Episode 66 CBC Radio, February 11, 2009.
- MAXIM's Sex Files, Men's myths about women, sex, porn and masturbation Sirius Satellite Radio.
- MAXIM's Sex Files, What women say about men when they aren’t around Sirius Satellite Radio.
- Sex in the Real World NPR, News & Notes. May 23, 2008.
- Nerve, Blog-A-Log sex and dating column
-  Feministing, May 15, 2009.