|Created by||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Developed by||Kit Villanueva-Langit|
|Written by||John Borgy Danao
John Jason Lim
|Directed by||Gina Alajar|
Louise delos Reyes
sung by Frencheska Farr
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of seasons||4 seasons|
|No. of episodes||87|
|Executive producer(s)||Mona Coles-Mayuga|
|Editor(s)||Rolando Dela Merced, Jr.|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||1 hour (approx. 25 minutes w/o commercials)|
|Original channel||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i NTSC|
|Original run||September 26, 2010 – June 10, 2012|
Reel Love: Tween Hearts is a Filipino youth-oriented series created by Kit Villanueva – Langit, under the direction of Gina Alajar and produced by GMA Network. It features the network's homegrown tween stars headed by Barbie Forteza, Joshua Dionisio, Bea Binene and Jake Vargas. The series premiered September 26, 2010. The show has been extend three times and now on its fourth season. Over its course, the cast has been growing and extending compared to the original main cast.
Originally slated to air for just 8 episodes, the series was awarded several extensions after its successive victory on the ratings game. It remains to be the No. 1 and most preferred youth-oriented drama of the viewers, consistently defeating the four counterpart programs of its competition in television ratings.
The series follows the lives and loves of a close-knit group of teenagers through the fictional Westridge high school. The series' universal theme for all ages transcended into tackling more complicated issues, complex character dynamics and exciting tandems – from first loves to first heartbreaks, from "fitting in" to peer pressure, from bullying to how broken marriage affects the teens.
The story revolves around teenagers Bambi, Joshua, Belinda, Jacob, Chris, Aya, Louisa, Rick, and Leslie as they go through a boot camp and learn to accept others for who they are.
Cast and characters
- Barbie Forteza as Bambi (Sweet Heart) – Bambi is the all-around sweetheart who is finally reunited with her mom and older sister Belinda after many years of separation. She starts to develop feelings for Josh. She is a good influence on Josh. She later realizes that when he is gone from her life it will hurt, so she agrees to be his girlfriend. But they are later forced to break up since she is not allowed to date yet. She later gets hurt after finding out he has a new girlfriend. She gets jealous of Josh having a new girlfriend and wishes she had Josh back. She admits to Josh that it hurts her to see Josh happy with another girl and tells him that she wants him back, but is rejected by him. She later runs away realizing that the people around her are happier without her. Josh then tries to stop Bambi by telling that he knows how she feels and running away won't solve her problems. She decides to let Josh go after being sure that he doesn't want to be with her anymore and thinking that he probably wants her to move on, which is the opposite of what Josh wants. She is very much annoyed by the arrival of Kevin, but later befriends him. She becomes upset when Josh starts to avoid her and pushes her towards Kevin. When Kevin dies, she becomes very depressed which leads her into another big fight with Josh.
- Bea Binene as Belinda/Belle (Tough Girl) – Belinda is the tough chick and the total opposite of her younger sister Bambi. Her differences with her younger sister trigger a competition for their mother’s attention. She also had feelings for Josh who likes Bambi. Belinda then finds out that Josh likes Bambi and did everything to ruin Bambi's life. After having a heart-to-heart talk with her dad, she finally learns to accept him and Bambi. She is into Wushu which her dad taught her when she was very young. Belinda hasn't realized that Jacob likes her yet. When Angel arrives, Belinda gets very jealous because she feels like she is being replaced as the advice giver in the group. She later joins Lucy's group but feel uncomfortable because they are the complete opposite of her old group. Lucy later convinces her to shoplift which gets her in a lot of trouble. She later gets a secret admirer unknown to her that it is Rick. Jacob later finds out the truth about her secret admirer and makes her choose between him and Rick. She later chooses to be with Jacob and becomes his girlfriend with her parents permission which angers Bambi. She helps Jacob become famous and does everything to help him with his career. She befriends Mira, Jacob's loveteam, but later gets a feeling that Mira has started to fall in love with Jacob. She is later ok with it because when Jacob confronts Mira about, Jacob lets her down easy by saying that Belle is the one that he truly loves. She has also graduated high school.
- Joshua Dionisio as Josh (Rebel)/Ross – Josh is an over-achiever but is rebellious toward his older sister Rose’s rules. Nothing can get in his way, except for Bambi who has a way of softening his heart and strong personality. He develops a crush on her after spending time with her at the camp. He becomes jealous of Mack because Bambi spends all her time with. He later tells Bambi about his true feelings and they become a couple. Bambi is later forced to break up with Josh. Josh then gives her 2 choices; run away with him or to stay at home and not fight for their relationship. Josh is later saved by Alexa After he gets stabbed during a robbery. Josh tells his friends that he is going to America. He later comes back with Alexa as a couple after meeting her at the airport again. He doesn't realize that dating Alexa hurts Bambi. Bambi admits to him that she still loves him and rejects her offer to be her boyfriend again. He later admits to Jacob that he still has feelings for Bambi but doesn't want to leave Alexa thinking that it would be rude. He later stops Bambi from running away by telling her that when he did that he realized that running away won't solve anything. He is happy when Bambi decides to be his girlfriend and let go Alexa after thinking that he his happy after being saved by her. He is the first to discover of Kevin's sickness and lets him have a chance a Bambi since he doesn't have much time left to live. He later gets into a big fight with Bambi after she finds out he knew about Kevin's sickness and he didn't tell her about it. He has graduated high school. Meanwhile, Ross is one of Bambi's new friends that resembles Josh a lot. Bambi befriends him after he returns her lost wallet. Bambi has a hard time seeing Ross looks like Josh. Ross also helps Bambi forget Josh by spending time with her. He later leaves Bambi alone since she later sees that he does look a lot like Josh.
- Jake Vargas as Jacob (Musician) – Jacob is known to be the outcast in school; he loves music. He supports Belinda and helps her with her problems to get close to her. He is the person that Belinda trusts the most. He also acts as leader of the group, which leads him to run for student body president. He later gets jealous of Belinda's secret admirer thinking that he is pulling her away from him. He later gets in a fight with Rick when he finds out that Rick was Belinda's secret admirer but is happy that Belinda chose to be with him instead of Rick. He fixes his problems with Rick later after Belinda convinces him to make up again. But he then finds out that Rick kissed Belinda this causing trouble within the two of them again. Fortunately, time healed the problem. He later becomes famous thanks to Belinda. He is later hooked up with Mira to be her loveteam. He has graduated high school.
- Joyce Ching as Aya (Beautiful nerd) – Aya is a nerd who’d rather talk to plants than to people in a belief that this will keep problems away. She has weird views on things that will eventually catch Kris’ attention. She has a hard time dealing with the fact that her dad left her mom and her, which leads to her running away from home. Kris finds her and they later go out again. She later finds out that he accidentally kissed Eunice and gets mad at him, but forgives him. She later gets hurt after over hearing Kris say that Rick is lucky to have a nice and sweet girlfriend that cares for him unlike her that is hard to the core. They later make up and become a couple again. She likes to shower Kris with gifts, but he doesn't like it.
- Kristofer Martin as Chris (Jock) – Kris is the famous jock and the ex-boyfriend of Leslie. Aya becomes the apple of his eye. He has a secret: He works to earn money and that he's not that rich as everybody thinks he is. He later accidentally kisses Eunice and Aya gets mad at him, but gives him another chance. He later gets into another fight with Aya after she overhears him say that he doesn't have a nice and sweet girlfriend. He later runs to the new sexy teacher for advice how to get Aya back, but grows closer to the teacher. They later make up again. He has graduated high school.
- Louise delos Reyes as Luisa (Over-Achiever) – Luisa is the achiever, straight A student, and valedictorian of her batch. She is set to be the top student of the school, creating a battle between her and Rick. She is currently studying in London for a year.
- Derrick Monasterio as Rick (School President) – Rick is the best friend of Chris and always supports him. He eventually develops feelings for Luisa, but she left for London before he can tell her. Instead he falls in love with his childhood frenemy Heidi. But when she moves back to Australia he is heart broken. He later develops feelings for Belinda and becomes her secret admirer. When Jacob found out that he is Belinda's secret admirer they both got into a fight. Belinda later chooses to be with Jacob not Rick. Rick later decides to use Lucy to make Belinda jealous although he doesn't even love Lucy. He later tries to win Heide back after she comes back from Australia. They later became a couple after he kisses her and she kisses back. She becomes annoyed with him after when the group goes on vacation and he tells the boys he can probably hit on every girl at the resort they are staying at.
- Lexi Fernandez as Leslie (Drama Queen) – Leslie is the girlfriend of Kris and will do anything to win him back. She is known as the campus drama queen. In the later part, she and Uno become close and romantically involved. She is currently in Australia.
- Kylie Padilla as Heidi (the ugly duckling) – Heidi is someone from Rick's past who he used to dislike because she was ugly and annoying; but now that Heidi's all grown up, Rick seems to have changed his mind about her. She used to be nice to Rick when they were younger because she liked him. When she goes back to the Philippines, she hires Nathan to pretend that he was the guy she fell in love with on the airplane to make Rick jealous that she found someone else to love. When she and Rick start to patch things up her mom announces they will go back to Australia to reunite with her dad. Heidi becomes upset that Rick didn't have the courage to go to her face to face to say the proper goodbye. She later starts dating Leo, but realizes she loves Rick when he kisses her and they later become a couple.
- Hiro Magalona as Ian (Young Director) – Ian is an environmentalist like Aya whom he had feelings for which caused a lot of issues between him and Kris. After accepting the fact that he and Aya are just friends, he makes up with Kris and they eventually became friends. He now has a crush on Angel.
- Yassi Pressman as Eunice (Sport Enthusiast) – Eunice is as much a sports enthusiast as Kris is, and she thinks she has found the perfect guy in him — except having Aya as a friend is just as important for her. Aya becomes jealous of how close she and Kris are. But they later become good friends. It is later revealed that she still loves Kris leading her to kiss him. She later dates Mack, but breaks up with him upon learning that he likes Aya more. She decides to date Mac to forget about Kris, but later finds out Mac was just using her to destroy her group. She decides to distance herself from the group to stay away from Kris. She admits to Kris that she is being reckless because she still loves Kris. She distances herself from her friends to give Aya and Kris some space to work things out again. She Is Kris' Ex-Girlfriend
- Ken Chan as Mack (the Green guy) – Mack was Rick's best friend until a fight ruined their relationship. They have started to patch things up, especially after Mack's mother redeveloped cancer. He developed feelings for Bambi which caused a fight between him and Josh. He later tried to express his feelings for Bambi but was disappointed when he found out she didn't feel the same for him. He later goes out with Eunice to get revenge on her group, but gets dumped later. After getting dumped by her he realizes that he loves Eunice and tries to win her back and apologizes.
- Kim Komatsu as Angel (the new girl) – Angel, with her sister Lucy, has just moved into the community. A peacemaker, Bel feels threatened by her inclusion in the group, especially now that she remains as the only female senior. She later becomes good friends with Belinda and stays in the group.
- Teejay Marquez as Nathan (the promdi) – When Nathan first met the group, he had to pretend that he was Aris, a smooth-talking Casanova who had swept Heidi off her feet — except he's more geek than chic. Since Heidi confessed to her friends that Aris is really Nathan, he has since been accepted as part of the group. He is not very athletic. He later helps Rick become closer to Belinda and pretends to be Belinda's secret admirer so Jacob won't get mad at Rick. He usually tries to keep Rick out of trouble.
- Rhen Escaño as Lucy (the enemy) – There is only one thing more important to Lucy than fame and fortune: her sister. So when Angel starts hanging out with other people and stops worshiping her every step, Lucy is livid — she promises to bring down the Tween Hearts group one by one. She later develops a crush on Rick leading her to become nicer and hang out more with her sister and her friends. She changes for good and becomes part of her sister's group to become closer to Rick. Lucy becomes obsessive of Rick and becomes his girlfriend not realizing that Rick is just using her. She tries to get revenge by trying to ruin Belinda's and Jacob's lives using Mira.
- John Miguel Uno – Bambi's best friend in Cagayan. He becomes romantically involved with Leslie.
- Krystal Reyes as Mallory – Sister of Mack who has been romantically involved with Rick. But was forced to break up with him after her brother found out.
- Emilio Garcia as Ted Fortes – Ted is the ill father of Belinda and Bambi. He is the one who taught Belinda Wushu. It is revealed that he is diagnosed with cancer. He and Irene keep his secret about his sickness from his children thinking that it is better for them not to know because he knows that it will just hurt them. Belinda finds out about his sickness after researching the medicine he had at his bed side table. He goes to America for a short time to get chemo therapy. Bambi later gets mad at him after he and Irene let Belinda have a boyfriend but not her.
- Sylvia Sanchez as Irene Fortes – Irene is the caring mother of Bambi and Belinda. She's always trying to get the two sisters to get along. She later forces Bambi to break up with Josh upon learning about their relationship. Bambi later gets mad at her after learning that she let Belinda date Jacob, but not let her date Josh. She later chases after Bambi after learning that she was running away.
- Roxanne Barcelo as Miss Rose Diones – Miss Rose is the caring and bossy sister of Josh. She always tries to keep Josh out of trouble which irritates Josh a lot, leading him to run away from home. She later develops a better relationship with her brother to help him out. She fully supports him dating Bambi because Bambi is a good influence on him.
- Elmo Magalona as himself – a friend of Jacob's to help him win the election as student body president.
- Alden Richards as Dennis – Rick's cousin.
- Kiko Estrada as Kevin Morales – He is the discriminator who felt-out his girlfriend Bambi. However he afflicted his health problem to Josh. He eventually dies because of his heart problem
- Gabby Eigenmann as Coach A – He is the one that directs the camp that the tweens go to and helps them realize that they are all not that different from each other after all.
- Keith Thompson as Keith Villanueva - He likes Lucy and tries many times to make a move on her. He runs for class president and loses to Jacob. Keith also finds out Chris' secret and gets annoyed by him and Aya dating.
- Ynna Asistio as Yza Fortes – She is the cousin of Bambi and Belinda. She accidentally tells Bambi about Ted's sickness after mistaking her for Belinda on the phone.
- Princess Snell as Vanessa Sanchez – She is an older party girl who is a bad influence on Josh. She meets Josh at a bar when he is trying to forget about Bambi and that she just keeps ignoring him. She gets Josh into drinking and nearly gets him into a bad accident. After the almost accident she realizes she really does need to stay away from Josh.
- Jhoana Marie Tan as Tracy Santiago
- Michelle Vito as Cathy
- Jao Mapa as Jacob's father – He meets Jacob at the restaurant he works at. He quickly accepts Jacob as his son and gets close to him seeing they both have a passion for music.
- Tina Monasterio as Josephine "Josie" Montano – Rick's mother She is the best friend of Heidi's mother and tries to push Rick towards Heidi. She gets very competitive to be president of the parent's association at Rick's school which leads her into a big fight with Heidi's mother. She later tries to separate Rick from Heidi after fighting with Heidi's mom. Rick and Heidi both try to fix their mom's problems so they won't have to sneak around any more.
- Pinky Amador as Liwayway Baltazar-Chan – Aya's mother. She has problems with Aya's father and doesn't get hurt after he leaves both her and Aya by themselves. After learning the separation between her and her husband has been hurting their daughter, Aya, they both set their differences aside to be better parents to Aya and give her a complete happy family.
- Richard Quan as Emerson Chan – Aya's father. He later leaves his wife and daughter thinking it's the best for all of them, but comes back after realizing his separation from them has hurt his daughter. He later gets back together with his wife to be a better father to his daughter since Aya doesn't want a broken family.
- Rochelle Barrameda as Maila Rivera – Heidi's mother. She is the mother of Heidi who pushes Heidi to be closer to Rick. She moves back to Australia with Heidi so they both can spend more time with Heidi's father.
- Julian Marcus Trono as Young Rick – Rick is the one who always picks on Heidi not realizing that she has a crush on him. He pulls many practical jokes on Heidi which hurts her feelings.
- Cherrylyn Torres as Young Belinda
- Claudine Barretto as Clarisse Benitez – A popular celebrity host.
- Steven Silva as Leo – The rival of Rick for Heidi
- Julie Anne San Jose as Lirah/Mira – A popular singer who eventually became Jacob's love interest and Belle's rival.
- Mayton Eugenio as Katrina – Obsessed with Chris became Aya's rival.
- Miguel Tanfelix as Miguel – seen on Jacob's concert.
- Anjhel Madrigal as Anjhel – Jacob's drummer in his concert
- Rye Cielo as Carl
A movie was produced, based on the show, released in cinemas on August 24, 2011. The sum up total of movie box office is P32.23 million.
- Tween Hearts: The Mini Concert (October 24, 2012)
|Award Giving Body||Award||Result|
|26th PMPC Star Awards for Television 2012||Best New Male TV Personality||Nominated, (Kiko Estrada)|
|Best Youth Oriented Show||Nominated|
|25th PMPC Star Awards for Television 2011||Best Male New TV Personality||Won, (Derick Monasterio & Teejay Marquez)|
|Best New Male TV Personality||Nominated, (Hiro Magalona)|
|Best New Female TV Personality||Nominated, (Kim Komatsu)|
|Best Youth-Oriented Show||Won|
|2011 ENPRESS Golden Screen TV Awards||Outstanding Breakthrough Performance by an Actor||Nominated(Derick Monasterio)|
- List of programs broadcast by GMA Network
- List of programs aired by GMA Network
- T.G.I.S. (Thank God It's Sabado)
- Growing Up (The TGIS Primetime)
- Teen Gen