Twelve Gauge Valentine
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (July 2008)|
|Twelve Gauge Valentine|
Twelve Gauge Valentine plays at Cornerstone Festival 2007
|Origin||Bastrop and Monroe, Louisiana|
|Labels||Solid State Records (2005-2008)
Sound Vs. Silence
|Associated acts||Stars Grow Dark
The Burning Issue
Twelve Gauge Valentine is a southern post-hardcore band from Bastrop and Monroe, Louisiana, with their debut album Shock Value released on 3 October 2006. The band was initially supported by the Sound Vs. Silence label, with whom they released their debut EP (on a label), Exclamationaire.
Formation and First Album (2003-2007)
The band formed under the original lineup of Jonathon Cooper on bass, Josh White on guitar, Josh Gross on guitar, Jonathon Webster on drums, and Jon Green on vocals. This lineup recorded the Exclamationaire album in 2005. In 2006 Josh Gross left and the band recorded Shock Value as a 4-piece with White doing both guitar tracks. Shortly after the release of this album another guitarist was added with no information given other than his name being Kyle Snellenberger. In the start of 2007 Kyle, Josh White, and Jonathon Webster parted from the band, and thus Josh Fife (Jon Green's younger brother) was brought on board as guitarist. New Orleans based Michael Watson replaced Webster, and a guy named Derek was put on second guitar. Shortly there after Florida based Jake Campbell had replaced Derek Thomas. The band moved to Tampa Bay, Florida in Fall 2007 with plans to write a new album.
Current Activity (2008-Present)
As of 2008, Twleve Gauge Valentine has become inactive. While the band has never officially broken up or gone on hiatus, the band is no longer recording or touring together, and the band has been dropped from Solid State Records.
Band members have also begun to move on to other bands. In 2008, guitarist Jake Campbell joined Alesana, a post-hardcore band based out of Raleigh, North Carolina. And after moving back to Louisiana in June 2008, guitarist Josh Fife, along with former guitarist Kyle Snellenberger and original drummer Jonathon Webster, formed a project together under the name Swamp Bastard. All band members appear under pseudonyms. Josh White is said to have started his own solo project under the name The Josh Rocket.
It is unclear whether the band will ever quit it and return as Twelve Gauge Valentine, or if they will officially disband, nor is there any word as to the status of the second album the band was writing before becoming inactive.
- Current members
- Jonathon Cooper - bass (2003–present)
- Jon Green - vocals (2003–present)
- Jake Campbell - guitar (2007–present)
- Josh Fife - guitar (2007–present; currently with Swamp Bastard)
- Michael Watson - drums (2007–present)
- Former members
- Josh Gross - Guitar (2003–2006)
- Josh White - Guitar (2003–2007; currently with The Josh Rocket)
- Jonathon Webster - Drums (2003–2007; currently with Swamp Bastard)
- Kyle Snellenberger - Guitar (2006–2007; currently with Swamp Bastard)
- Derek Thomas- Guitar (2007; currently with The Greenery)
- 2003 Demo - Self Released, Unknown, 2003
- Exclamationaire - Sound Vs. Silence Records, July 1, 2005
- Shock Value - Solid State Records, October 3, 2006