Twelve Months (1980 film)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
|Directed by||Yugo Serikawa (chief)
|Produced by||Chiaki Imada|
|Written by||Kimio Yabuki
|Based on||The story by Samuil Yakovlevich Marshak|
|Music by||Vladimir Ivanovich Krivtsov
|Release date(s)||March 15, 1980 (Japan)|
|Running time||65 minutes|
Twelve Months (世界名作童話 森は生きている Sekai Meisaku Douwa Mori wa Ikiteiru?, Russian: Двенадцать месяцев, Dvenadtsat mesyatsev) is a 1980 animated feature film directed by Kimio Yabuki and Tetsuo Imazawa, produced by Toei Animation from Japan in partnership with Soyuzmultfilm from the Soviet Union. It was based on the fairy tale of the same name written by Samuil Marshak. The music was composed by Vladimir Ivanovich Krivtsov (Владимир Иванович Кривцов) and performed by the National Leningrad Philharmonic under the direction of A. S. Dmitriev. Famous manga artist Osamu Tezuka served as character designer on the film.
A young queen requests a bouquet of snowdrop flowers for New Year's Day in exchange for a reward. One greedy woman sends her stepdaughter, whom she does not like, to look for the flowers in a cold forest, knowing the task will be impossible for her. The girl almost freezes to death in the forest, but she is rescued by the spirits of the Twelve Months, who create spring around her. The girl is able to deliver the bouquet to the queen, but others want a share of the reward.
- Anja - Shinobu Otake/Corinne Orr (English).
- Queen - Ai Kanzaki.
- Stepmother - Tokuko Sugiyama.
- Stepmother's daughter - Mariko Mukai.
- Professor - Ichirō Nagai.
- Prime Minister - Masashi Amenomori.
- Officer - Daisuke Ryu/Earl Hammond (English).
- January - Kiyoshi Kobayashi.
- April - Katsuji Mori.
- Soldier - Masato Yamanouchi.
- Young soldier - Koji Yakusho.
- Additional voice - Hidekatsu Shibata.
- Twelve Months at the Internet Movie Database
- Sekai Meisaku Douwa at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia
- Знаменитые сказки мира: Двенадцать месяцев (Russian)