Twinsburg Township, Summit County, Ohio
|Twinsburg Township, Summit County, Ohio|
Location of Twinsburg Township in Summit County
|• Total||8.1 sq mi (21.0 km2)|
|• Land||8.0 sq mi (20.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,073 ft (327 m)|
|• Density||267.9/sq mi (103.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087021|
Twinsburg Township's current area is much smaller than it was originally. It is also discontinuous.
- Northfield Center Township, to the west
- Bedford Township, Cuyahoga County, to the northwest
- Solon Township, Cuyahoga County, to the north
- Bainbridge Township, Geauga County, to the northeast
- Aurora Township, Portage County, to the east
- Streetsboro Township, to the southeast
- Hudson Township, to the south
- Boston Township, to the southwest
- Macedonia - west
- Twinsburg - northwest
- Solon - north
- Reminderville - northeast
- Aurora - east
- Hudson - south
Several municipalities occupy what was originally part of Twinsburg Township:
- Part of the city of Macedonia, in the west
- The village of Reminderville, in the northeast
- The city of Twinsburg, in the north and center
Attempts at merging the city and townships of Twinsburg have not been successful.
Twinsburg Township's land has been in the following counties:
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. As of 2007, the board was composed of chairman James C. Balogh, and members Carol L Gasper and Thomas O. Schmidt, and the fiscal officer was Tania Lardell.
Transportation and public services
- Interstate 480 and State Route 14, cosigned, pass through Twinsburg Township with no exits.
- State Route 82 passes through the township, heading east towards Aurora.
- State Route 91, connecting Hudson and Twinsburg, passes through.
- A new facility for Twinsburg Township will be located on Enterprise Parkway off Rt. 91.
- There are several parcels along Liberty Road under township jurisdiction and surrounded by land that is part of the City of Twinsburg.
The township has two zip codes. Much of the township, especially along Twinsburg Road and Old Mill Road, shares the ZIP code 44236 with Hudson and the other is 44087.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Summit County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Twinsburg Township Board of Trustees, Twinsburg Township, 2007. Accessed 2009-09-23.
- Twinsburg Township Hall, Twinsburg Township, 2007. Accessed 2009-09-23.
- ^ GenealogyInc, (1999-2005). County Formation Maps. Retrieved May 2, 2005.
- Commercial Survey Company (2004). Official Street Atlas of Akron Summit and Portage Counties. Commercial Survey Company, Cleveland, Ohio. ISBN 1-879116-56-1.
- Grant, C.R. et al. (1891). Illustrated Summit County Ohio. Akron Map & Atlas, Co. LoC 91-077450.
- ^ County of Summit (2005). TAX YEAR 2004/COLLECTION YEAR 2005 FULL TAX RATE SUMMARY SHEET. Retrieved June 18, 2005.