The People's Republic of China Exit-Entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macau (Chinese: 中华人民共和国往来港澳通行证), colloquially known as a Two-way Permit (Chinese: 双程通行证) or EEP (Exit-Entry Permit) is issued to mainland Chinese as a travel document for travel to the Chinese Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau. The Bureau of Exit and Entry Administration of the Chinese Ministry of Public Security is responsible for the issuing of Two-way Permits and exit endorsements.
The Two-way Permit is the sole travel document for personal visit, family reunion, business, and other non-government purpose to and from the two Chinese Special Administrative Regions. Hong Kong SAR grants a stay of seven days to mainland Chinese who use their People's Republic of China passport in transit through Hong Kong to and from overseas.
The cover of a Two-way Permit is blue with the national emblem of the People's Republic of China in gold, with the words "中华人民共和国往来港澳通行证" (Permit for Traveling to and from Hong Kong and Macau) in simplified Chinese characters.
Two-way Permits are issued, just like the People's Republic of China passport and Resident Identity Card, by local municipal public security bureaus per hukou registration. Mainland Chinese must apply for a new permit and relevant exit endorsement in person. Receiving relevant exit endorsement before departure to Hong Kong or Macau is required.
Types of Exit endorsement for Two-way Permit
In general, a Mainland resident who is in possession of a valid EEP bearing a valid exit endorsement, (Chinese: 往来港澳签注), may be landed in Hong Kong as a visitor, with a limit of stay in accordance with the exit endorsement, provided that normal immigration requirements are met. The number of journeys to Hong Kong will be stated in the exit endorsement, i.e. single-journey, double-journey or multiple-journey. There are six types of exit endorsements issued by Ministry of Public Security:
- 个人旅游 G (individual visits, good for one or maximum two visit/s of 7 days and valid for 3 months or one year)
- 探亲 T (family reunion, valid for 3 months, to visit a sibling, single entry for up to 14 days, to visit a parent/parent-in-law or child, as for sibling or multi-entry, maximum stay to 90 days from first entry)
- 商务 S (business purpose, good for 7 days visit and valid for 3 months or one year)
- 团队旅游 L (for tour group visit for 7 days)
- 其他 Q (other purposes of visit, good for single 14 day visit and valid for 3 months or one year)
- 逗留 D (multiple exits and entries多次有效, maximum stay authorized by respective SAR immigration officers)
In addition, 奥运A was a specially-designated endorsement for 90 days multiple exits and entries during the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing.
Women who are more than 28 weeks pregnant and suspected to be entering Hong Kong to give birth must show a booking confirmation at a Hong Kong hospital.
- Hong Kong Immigration Department. "Arrangement for Entry to Hong Kong from Mainland China". Hong Kong. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- Timatic Accessed July 19, 2013
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|