Two Greedy Italians
|Two Greedy Italians|
|Presented by||Antonio Carluccio|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||2|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original run||May 4, 2011– present|
Two Greedy Italians is a BBC television series that first aired on BBC Two in the UK on May 4, 2011. The series sees the chefs Gennaro Contaldo and Antonio Carluccio travelling around Italy to see how society and food has evolved over the years. It was produced by Nicola Gooch. An accompanying cookery book was produced for the series. A second series (entitled Two Greedy Italians: Still Hungry) was broadcast in April and May 2012. The series has also been sold and broadcast internationally, including on the Australian channels ABC and SBS, the Swedish broadcaster SVT and the Norwegian broadcaster NRK.
- The Family (aired May 4, 2011): Antonio and Gennaro return to Italy to discover what has changed in Italian culture;
- Poor Man's Food (aired May 11, 2011): The two chefs tour Campania and learn how poverty in the area created Italy's best-loved dishes;
- Regional Pride (aired May 18, 2011): Antonio returns to his home town of Borgofranco, in the Italian Piemonte region;
- Saints and Miracles (aired May 25, 2011): Atheist Antonio and devout believer Gennaro eat their way along a culinary pilgrimage through Puglia's monasteries, holy shrines and festivals.
- Calabria and Bambinone (aired April 19, 2012): Antonio and Gennaro begin the second series investigating how children's food in Italy has changed since they were young.
- Liguria and La Bella Figura (aired April 26, 2012): The two chefs tour Portofino and observe how Italy's social history has created a culture of admiration for superficial accoutrements.
- The Alps and Arrangiarsi (aired May 10, 2012): Arrangiarsi is the art of making do, Antonio and Gennaro travel in Northern Italy exploring Italian resourcefulness.
- Lazio and Machismo (aired May 17, 2012): The pair travel to Rome to look at how modern Italian men live.