Two Hills, Alberta
|Town of Two Hills|
|Motto: Small Town With A Big Future|
|Municipal district||County of Two Hills No. 21|
|• Mayor||Henry Neufeld|
|• Governing body||Two Hills Town Council|
|• Total||3.31 km2 (1.28 sq mi)|
|Elevation||603 m (1,978 ft)|
|• Density||416.3/km2 (1,078/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|Postal code span||T0B 4K0|
Two Hills is a town in central Alberta, Canada. It is located approximately 137 km (85 mi) east of Edmonton at the junction of Highway 45 and Highway 36. Two Hills is primarily an agriculture-based community.
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Two Hills had a population of 1,379 living in 472 of its 522 total dwellings, a 31.7% change from its 2006 population of 1,047. With a land area of 3.31 km2 (1.28 sq mi), it had a population density of 416.6/km2 (1,079.0/sq mi) in 2011.
In 2006, Two Hills had a population of 1,047 living in 499 dwellings, a 4.0% decrease from 2001. The town has a land area of 3.31 km2 (1.28 sq mi) and a population density of 316.1 /km2 (819 /sq mi).
The community consists of mainly residents of Ukrainian descent. In recent years, an influx of German speaking Mennonites have started migrating from Mexico. The population grew enough to warrant the creation of a separate Mennonite school in 2006.
- "Municipal Officials Search". Alberta Municipal Affairs. March 21, 2014. Retrieved March 23, 2014.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Alberta Private Sewage Systems 2009 Standard of Practice Handbook: Appendix A.3 Alberta Design Data (A.3.A. Alberta Climate Design Data by Town)" (PDF). Safety Codes Council. January 2012. pp. 212–215 (PDF pages 226–229). Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- "Welcome to the Town of Two Hills: Introduction". Town of Two Hills. Retrieved 2012-07-19.
- "Alberta 2009 Official Population List". Alberta Municipal Affairs. 2009-09-15. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- Statistics Canada (Census 2006). "Two Hills - Community Profile". Retrieved 2007-06-13.