Two Ocean Lake
|Two Ocean Lake|
Two Ocean lake with Mount Moran in the background
|Location||Grand Teton National Park, Teton County, Wyoming, US|
|Primary outflows||Pacific Creek|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Max. length||2.8 mi (4.5 km)|
|Max. width||.45 mi (0.72 km)|
|Surface area||806 acres (326 ha)|
|Surface elevation||6,896 ft (2,102 m)|
Two Ocean Lake is located in Grand Teton National Park, in the U. S. state of Wyoming. The glacially formed lake is 2.4 miles (3.9 km) long and can be reached from a parking area adjacent to the lake. The Two Ocean Lake Trail is 6.4 miles (10.3 km) long and circles the lake passing through forests and clearings. The larger Emma Matilda Lake is one mile (1.6 km) to the south.
Two Ocean Lake, in the northeastern portion of the park near Moran, was named for Two Ocean Pass many miles to the northeast where Atlantic Creek flows east and Pacific Creek flows west. Two Ocean Lake only flows into Pacific Creek so the name is a misnomer.
- "Two Ocean Lake". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- Two Ocean Lake, WY (Map). Topoquest (USGS Quads). Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Two Ocean Lake Trailhead" (PDF). National Park Service. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Day Hikes" (PDF). National Park Service. February 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Watersheds - Grand Teton National Park".
|This article about a location in Wyoming is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|