Two Places at the Same Time
|Two Places At The Same Time|
|Studio album by Raydio|
|Producer||Ray Parker Jr.|
|Robert Christgau||C+ |
Like the two albums that came before it, it again features 8 tracks; one of them, "Until The Morning Comes" was written by Parker and vocalist Arnell Carmichael. For another song, "Tonight's The Night", Parker teamed up with famed keyboard player Herbie Hancock, and Hancock received a co-writing credit.
The album featured another pop hit; though it wasn't as successful, the title track reached number 30 on the pop charts, number 6 on R&B and number 34 in the U.K. The second single, "For Those Who Like To Groove", charted at number 14 on R&B. The album itself reached a peak of number 33.
All songs written by Ray Parker Jr., except where noted.
- "It's Time to Party Now"
- "Until the Morning Comes"
- "Two Places at the Same Time"
- "Tonight's the Night" (Parker, Herbie Hancock)
- "A Little Bit of You"
- "Everybody Makes Mistakes"
- "Can't Keep from Cryin'"
- "For Those Who Like to Groove" (Instrumental)
- Arnell Carmichael – vocals
- Ray Parker, Jr. – vocals, guitars, bass, keyboards, synthesizer
- Jack Ashford – percussion
- Ollie E. Brown – drums, percussion, special effects, vocals
- Gary Coleman – vibraphone, vocals
- Charles Fearing – guitars
- Horatio Gordon – saxophone,flute
- Herbie Hancock – keyboards, synthesizers
- Ken Peterson – trumpet, flugelhorn, vocals
- Sylvester Rivers – piano, strings
- Larry Tolbert – drums
- Darren Carmichael, Deborah Thomas – backing vocals
- Produced, Engineered & Mixed By Ray Parker Jr.
- Mastered By Bernie Grundman
|U.S. Billboard Top LPs||33|
|U.S. Billboard Top Soul LPs||6|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions|
|1980||"Two Places at the Same Time"||30||6||34||—|
|"For Those Who Like to Groove"||—||14||—||23|
|"Can't Keep You from Cryin'"||—||57||—||—|
- Kellman, Andy. Two Places at the Same Time > review at AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- Christgau, Robert. "Two Places at the Same Time > review". Robert Christgau. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- Hillier, Bev. "Albums". Smash Hits (May 29 – June 11 1980): 30.
- "US Charts > Raydio". Billboard. Retrieved 2012-12-22.