Two Steps from Hell
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
Thomas J. Bergersen
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Products||Movie and trailer music|
Two Steps from Hell is a production music company based in Los Angeles, California. Founded by Nick Phoenix and Thomas J. Bergersen on 14 February 2006, the company produces music for movie trailers.
In particular, the group's music has been used in trailers for such films as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, Star Trek, The Dark Knight, The Fighter, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Tron: Legacy, Anna Karenina, No Country for Old Men, 2012, Captain America: The First Avenger, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Super 8, Inception, Drive Angry, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, Hugo, John Carter, The Town, Priest and Prince of Persia, as well as video games such as Resident Evil 6, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Killzone 3, and Star Wars: The Old Republic and television shows such as Breaking Bad, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Revolution, Homeland, The Walking Dead and Merlin, and during the 2012 London Olympics.
More recently the track Archangel was used in the 18/05/2013 episode of Britain's Got Talent.
Their song "Heart of Courage" was also used in the beginning of UEFA Euro 2012 matches and in the beginning of the London 2012 Olympic games athletics finals. This song also appeared at various moments in the World Youth Day 2011 in Madrid, and is used, along with other tracks, more and more in videos from events, homemade films, etc.
Two Steps from Hell's main graphical artist is Steven R. Gilmore, who has created album covers for almost every promotional and public release, including the logo of the company, with the exception being the 2009 DVD release of their library, where the album cover was created by Paul Zeaiter.
On June 4, 2012 a Two Steps from Hell app was announced for iOS and Android, containing 19 tracks of previously released music in a compilation called "Demon's Dance". The app was officially released on June 26, 2012 for iOS, followed by the Android release the next day.
As of April 2013, Two Steps from Hell has published 18 demonstration albums and 6 public albums, with more than 900 unique tracks. The company has also recently announced plans to host a live concert on June 14, 2013 at the Disney Hall, in Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
Their song "Invincible" was performed live by Royal Marine Bands in the Royal Albert Hall in London in April 2013.
Their new public album, Classics Volume One, set for release in the beginning of June 2013, is going to be the first public album available in lossless audio, with others to follow.
Demonstration albums 
- Volume 1 (2006) [First album]
- Shadows and Nightmares (2006) [Mainly 'Horror' Genre]
- Dynasty (2007) [An 'Epic' Genre album]
- All Drums go to Hell (2007) [Heavily Percussion-Oriented Album]
- Pathogen (2007) [Electro-Metal album largely composed by Nick Phoenix]
- Nemesis (2007) [An 'Epic' Genre album mostly composed by Thomas Bergersen]
- Dreams & Imaginations (2008) [New Age album]
- Legend (2008) [An 'Epic' Genre album]
- Ashes (2008) [Horror Genre]
- The Devil Wears Nada (2009) [Mostly light and humorous album]
- Power of Darkness (2010) [Epic-themed album]
- All Drones Go to Hell (2010) [Uses many 'Drone' instruments, New Age Album]
- Illumina (2010) ['New-Age' album]
- Balls to the Wall (2011) [Percussion album, similar to All Drums Go To Hell]
- Nero (2011) [An 'Epic' Genre album]
- Sinners (2011) [Short Electro-Metal Album, Not actually composed by either Thomas Bergersen or Nick Phoenix, although still under the Two Steps from Hell Label.]
- Two Steps from Heaven (2012) [Pet Project of Thomas Bergersen, 'Inspiring']
- Burn (2012) [A small collection of 8 dubstep remixed tracks. They refer to these tracks as EpicStep]
- Solaris (2013) [Electro-Metal album which is actually composed by Alex Pfeffer, although still under the Two Steps from Hell Label]
Public albums 
- Invincible (2010) [Compilation of some of the most popular Two Steps from Hell tracks]
- Illusions (2011) [Thomas Bergersen album, formerly named Nemesis II]
- Archangel (2011) [Compilation of more of the most popular Two Steps from Hell tracks]
- Demon's Dance (2012) [Compilation of tracks from various albums, not just epic-themed albums, available only on the Two Steps from Hell application for iOS and Android]
- Halloween (2012) [Compilation of well-known horror tracks from several demonstration albums, with several other-genre tracks as well]
- SkyWorld (2012) [First public album to use mostly all-new tracks.]
- Classics Volume One (2013) [First public album available in lossless audio]
- Sun (2013) [Projected to be similar to Illusions by Thomas Bergersen]
See also 
- "FAQ". Two Steps from Hell.
- "Breaking Bad Season 4 Trailer". AMC.
- "About". Two Steps from Hell. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- "Portfolio". Paul Zeaiter. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- "Twitter post". Official Two Steps from Hell Twitter account.
- "Facebook announcement". Two Steps from Hell.
- "The TSFH app on the App Store.". Two Steps from Hell via App Store.
- "The TSFH app on Google Play.". Two Steps from Hell via Google Play.
- "Royal Marine Bands' Performance on Youtube". YouTube. Retrieved 2013-04-23.
- "Facebook post on TSFH's wall". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-05-14.
- "Two Steps From Hell — All Drones Go To Hell & Illumina". Trailer Music News. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- "Burn on ExtremeMusic.com". Extreme Music.
- "Halloween description". Two Steps from Hell.
- "Steven R. Gilmore's Facebook post". Steven R. Gilmore.