Two Teardrops (song)
|Single by Steve Wariner|
|from the album Two Teardrops|
|Format||7", CD single|
|Writer(s)||Bill Anderson, Steve Wariner|
|Steve Wariner singles chronology|
"Two Teardrops" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Steve Wariner. It was released in 1999 as the first single and title track from the album Two Teardrops. The song reached #2 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart, as well as hitting #30 on the Billboard Hot 100, marking Wariner's only pop top-40 hit.
Wariner told Billboard in 1999 that he did not write the song until the album was near completion. He said that co-writer Bill Anderson suggested the opening line of "two teardrops floating down the river."
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||5|
|US Billboard Hot 100||30|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||37|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||21|
- Whitburn, Joel (204). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 373.
- Bessman, Jim (10 April 1999). "Wariner Follows High-Rising 'Heaven' with Capitol's 'Teardrops'". Billboard.
- "RPM Country Tracks. RPM. June 14, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Steve Wariner Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Steve Wariner.
- "Steve Wariner Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Steve Wariner.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1999". RPM. December 13, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Best of 1999: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|