|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|Genres||Indie rock, emo, pop punk|
|Associated acts||Saves The Day
Two Tongues is an indie rock side project/supergroup consisting of members of Say Anything (Max Bemis and Coby Linder) and Saves The Day (Chris Conley), along with David Soloway, a former guitarist with Saves the Day.
Before forming Two Tongues, Bemis, Conley and Linder had collaborated on a cover version of Bob Dylan's "The Man In Me" for the compilation album Paupers, Peasants, Princes & Kings: The Songs of Bob Dylan, released by Doghouse Records in 2006. Bemis asked Conley about potentially doing an album together; Conley responded positively by saying "I would do it with no one else, nothing could be more epic!"
The resulting album, Two Tongues, was scheduled to be released in summer 2008, but was delayed for unspecified reasons. The album was eventually released on February 3, 2009, through Vagrant Records. The thirteen-track album was self-produced and recorded at Electric Ladybug studios in Durham, California.
In fall 2010, Two Tongues made their first performances as a surprise in the middle of Say Anything's set each night of the Motion City Soundtrack, Say Anything and Saves the Day tour. They performed the song "Crawl". Arun Bali (current guitarist of Saves the Day) played guitar, Kenny Vasoli (of The Starting Line and Person L) played bass guitar, Jake Turner (of Say Anything) played guitar, Coby Linder played drums and Conley and Bemis sang.
Conley confirmed that there would be a second Two Tongues album in 2012, however no albums were released. Bemis stated in 2013 that a new Two Tongues and a new painful splits record is on the way, however with the departure of Coby Linder from Say Anything, some have speculated that Two Tongues has disbanded, however, during the current Say Anything tour ...Is A Real Boy 10 Year Anniversary Tour, Max told the crowd that Two Tongues are releasing a new album sometime in 2015.
- Max Bemis - vocals, guitar
- Chris Conley - vocals, guitar
- Dave Soloway - bass guitar
- Coby Linder - drums
- Artist Information: Two Tongues. Vagrant Records website. Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- [http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/05/08/say-anythingsaves-the-day-side-project-to-debut-summer-08/ "Say Anything/Saves the Day Side Project to Debut Summer '08." Rolling Stone website. May 8, 2008.
- "Two Tongues release date." Say Anything blog post on Myspace. November 7, 2008.
- "Two Tongues, The Early November announce new albums - "Where's the Band?" Tour". YouTube. Retrieved 18 November 2014.