|Also known as||ISO50
|Genres||Ambient techno, IDM, downtempo|
Scott Hansen, professionally known as Tycho, is an American ambient music artist and producer, who is known as ISO50 for his photographic and design works. Tycho is currently signed to, and has released under, Ghostly International, but has also released music on Merck Records and Gammaphone Records. His song, Dictaphone's Lament, was used as the track on a music video entitled "Live Life to the Fullest", which was made by and featured on the action cartoon block Toonami. Additionally, his song "Cascade" (originally made for an Adult Swim/Ghostly International compilation) was played during the final moments of the original 11-year run of Toonami in 2008.
Recent Tycho performances have seen the inclusion of a live backing band.
- Scott Hansen - Synthesizers, Guitar, Visuals, Programming
- Zac Brown - Bass Guitar, Guitar
- Rory O'Connor - Drums
- Sunrise Projector (2004, Gammaphone Records)
- Past is Prologue (2006, Merck Records)
- Dive (2011, Ghostly International)
- The Science of Patterns (2002/2007, independent/Gammaphone re-release)
- Fragments / Ascension (2013, Ghostly International, split w/ Thievery Corporation)
- "Past is Prologue" 12" sampler (2006, Merck Records)
- "Adrift/From Home" (2008, Ghostly International)
- "The Daydream/The Disconnect" (2007, Ghostly International)
- "Coastal Brake" (2009, Ghostly International)
- "Hours" (2011, Ghostly International)
- "Dive (Radio Edit)" (2011, Ghostly International)
- "Dive" (2012, Ghostly International)
- "Awake" (2013, Ghostly International)
- ISO50 portfolio
- His music is a combination of downtempo vintage-style synthesizers and ambient melodies. The style of his music is very organic, typically incorporating clips the human element into his songs (I.E. weather broadcasts, simple talking, or even breathing). TychoMusic.com.
- Tycho Music. ISO50.
- Little Dragon - Little Man (Remix). Soundcloud.