April 30, 1993 |
Binghamton, NY, USA
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||225 lb (102 kg; 16 st 1 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
|Toronto Maple Leafs
Toronto Marlies (AHL)
|NHL Draft||22nd overall, 2011
Toronto Maple Leafs
Tyler Austin Biggs (born April 30, 1993) is an American professional ice hockey player currently playing for the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League (AHL). Previously, he played for the Miami RedHawks of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association (CCHA). He was selected in the first round, 22nd overall, in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft by the Toronto Maple Leafs.
The son of former NHL centre Don Biggs, Tyler Biggs was born in Binghamton, New York, and grew up in Loveland, Ohio. He played for the Toronto Jr. Canadiens during the 2008–09 season while enrolled at Loveland High School, then transferred to Pioneer High School in Ann Arbor, Michigan, the following fall, to join the USA Hockey National Team Development Program.
|Competitor for United States|
|World Under-17 Hockey Challenge|
|2010 WHC U17|
|IIHF World U18 Championship|
|2010 WJC U18|
|2011 WJC U18|
|World Junior Championships|
Biggs represented the United States internationally, playing for Team USA in the 2010 World U-17 Hockey Challenge, scoring five goals and adding an assist in six games, helping the U.S. to a gold medal finish. That same season, he competed for Team USA in the 2010 IIHF World U18 Championships, finishing the tournament with no points in seven games. A year later, he played in the 2011 IIHF World U18 Championships and scored two goals and one assist in six games during the tournament, including the overtime goal in the semifinal round against Canada.
|2008–09||Toronto Jr. Canadiens||GTHL||80||40||46||86||24||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||Toronto Jr. Canadiens||OJHL||3||0||0||0||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||Miami University (Ohio)||CCHA||37||9||8||17||63||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Biggs Commits to Miami University". USHL. December 14, 2009. Retrieved June 24, 2011.
- Staff (June 24, 2011). "Maple Leafs move up to take American forward Tyler Biggs with 22nd overall pick". Fox News. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- "Tyler Biggs To Play For U.S. National Under-17 Development Team" (Press release). Cincinnati Cyclones. April 13, 2009. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- "Tyler Biggs". eliteprospects.com. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- Allen, Kevin (April 24, 2011). "U.S. prospect Tyler Biggs continues to fascinate scouts". USA Today. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- Tyler Biggs's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Tyler Biggs's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- USHL player profile
|Awards and achievements|
|Toronto Maple Leafs first round draft pick
|This biographical article relating to an American ice hockey winger is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|